FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety causing Dandruff?

LeedsUnited21
Community Member
Hair been really flaking and nasty last year since I got anxiety could it be a cause?
3 Replies 3

The_Real_David_Charles
Community Member

Dear All White strip,

Mental health affects all our body.  It's like we are under attack all the time so the main thing that suffers (particularly in children) is the immune system.

You need to go to Jo3's chemist and get some comprehensive shampoo.  For some even having hair would be the issue.

Sometimes when I'm composing I feel the stress in my hair !  Infact,on a few occasions I have stop working and washed my hair.  Just to re-assert the balance.

Nervous tics and slightly OCD hair pulling behaviours are common on this site.

Adios, David.

jess334
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Leeds, 

I'm not sure if anxiety is the cause of dandruff, but I found that when my anxiety is higher, I tend to notice itchiness more, which in turn causes me to scratch, which makes it worse.  I've scratched until I bled on numerous occasions. 

I found that TGel 2in1 Daily Control is the best medicated dandruff shampoo.  Plus you can buy it in a shopping market, it doesn't smell and its not crazy expensive.  

Good luck, Jess

thanx jess