FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety about my partner ? Help

Et1
Community Member

hi

im looking for help!

i think I have have anxiety or rocd?

i have been with my partner for 5 yrs and I'm very happy with my relationship but last few weeks I have had this thing in my head telling me I don't love her and she not good enough when she really is!! It just keeps going around around and if let go it digs deep and makes me over think everything makes me very scared that I will have to leave her, but I was very happy and I no I love her dearly. I have real bad chest pain, please what is this ????????  It bluddy hurts! It all new to me I was always happy go lucky person without a worry in life! Any info would be great pls! 

3 Replies 3

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi there et

And welcome to Beyond Blue and thank you for coming to provide your post.

Sounds like you’ve got your mind split in two over your relationship.

How about grabbing a piece of paper;   drawing up two columns with headings on each side:  Pro’s   and on the other side,  Con’s.    Then under each column create a list of dot points about the pro’s (the positives that you like, LOVE about your partner and your relationship)  and then on the other side, under the Con’s, do the same but list the negatives.   See how you go with that and hopefully that might clear things up a little for you.

Now with regard to your bad chest pain, my advice on this would be to get to your doctor as soon as possible.  If it’s real bad and is with you all the time, you should be getting an appointment with your doctor now.  These kinds of things shouldn’t be taken lightly – so get it checked out professionally and hopefully it’ll prove to be nothing major and that will relieve some weight off your shoulders.

Kind regards

Neil

Et1
Community Member

Thanks Neil,

i have made a appointment to see the doc, it only gets bad when my mind is going silly, 

for the pros and cons its all postive, I'm happy with everything in my life, this thing that keep telling me I don't love her is just driving me crazy, I really want to no what's it is. It seems to come and go a bit when my mind is on something else it's fine or when we are with friends it goes away a it,  thanks for the support 

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi there Et

I’m really glad to hear you’ve got a doc’s appointment;   hopefully that will prove beneficial to you.

Hey and it mightn’t hurt to ask while you’re there about the questionable relationship feelings that you experience from time to time.   I do hope they reduce for you, cause it does sound like your relationship is a really good one – and coming from someone who’s been around a while, it’s bloody awesome to hear when a relationship is good or even better – cherish it, nurture it and keep the good times rolling along.    As time goes, it takes a bit of work, but keep doing all the right things and it’ll be awesome.

Neil