Treatments, health professionals and therapies

Information on a range of different areas, including managing relationships with GPs and psychologists, and finding the right services for you.

FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

All discussions

Chin_Up New Dosage
  • replies: 2

Hi all fellow bber's, My doctor recently increased my anti-depressant from 10mg to 20mg. I was just starting to feel great on the first dosage but now I have similar side effects from when I first started medication, the insomnia is exhausting. Do yo... View more

Hi all fellow bber's, My doctor recently increased my anti-depressant from 10mg to 20mg. I was just starting to feel great on the first dosage but now I have similar side effects from when I first started medication, the insomnia is exhausting. Do you think I will adjust to the increased dosage faster the second time around? Shattered I'm back in this position. ChinUp.

Bulletin_Board_Archive Medications Phobia
  • replies: 13

Originally posted by: Scott2 on 26 October 2012Hi guys i have my medication finally, Now out of all things a fear kicks in regarding them perhaps normal . It's like i have 2 brains arguing with one another, one saying take, other saying no no!. Altho... View more

Originally posted by: Scott2 on 26 October 2012Hi guys i have my medication finally, Now out of all things a fear kicks in regarding them perhaps normal . It's like i have 2 brains arguing with one another, one saying take, other saying no no!. Although i know the rational says yes you need them for now , I know many of us don't like taking them, fearful of them, side effects and hope they work , I also read it can be very hit and miss just have to find that right one. I just have to look at it like i would an Antibiotic for a bad infection, well the same thing for the mind. Oh well I will get past it with the 1st one hopefully, perhaps I'll take it with some of that Pav!!. Bye for now sunny day out there S2

flagpole At a loss
  • replies: 1

Hi, I am a mum of 3 on a farm and have been living with depression for many years. It has become worse in the last few years and I decided that medication was worth a go. I started taking 25mg of X on tues and had all the normal side effects and felt... View more

Hi, I am a mum of 3 on a farm and have been living with depression for many years. It has become worse in the last few years and I decided that medication was worth a go. I started taking 25mg of X on tues and had all the normal side effects and felt pretty gross. By thurs my level of depression was significantly worse and I felt at risk which was pretty scary. I saw a dr who said to stop taking it for one day and if I felt the same to continue taking it the day after at 50mg, or start a new one (Y). I am still feeling lethargic, low, and unable to sleep even with sleeping tablets and more depressed than when I started taking them. I'm scared to start again and would like to have the advice of a psychiatrist to find the right meds for me, but there isn't one in this community. So don't know what to do now. Is there a psychiatrist in Albany as that's our nearest large centre? not coping at all, need urgent help. Thanks,