FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,006 Replies 1,006

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Well said....so true,

Why didn't they set out what they can do, offer, work wirh him on, and show what they are able to provide

Sounds slack and disappointing

Is it thr kind of place where they help only certain ppl, and five up on kids? My nephew had an aide and struggled a lot, it was so hard as the school kind of singled him out and his parents, like they didn't want to help him.

I think maybe Ur right about money

Does Ur son have any supports outside of the school? I hope he proves then all wrong...

Einstein didn't even speak til he was 7 years old, we are all different!

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
It is getting very worrying daughter is three and a half weeks overdue.Googling it has only made my anxiety worst.I am really worried now.

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Mark,

Is your daughter under the care of a good obstetrician/midwives? Normally if concerned I think they would induce labour.

Googling these things is always alarming! I hope she has access to good medical/nursing staff who are supervising her well. Perhaps if you are concerned can you speak to her about it?

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
My daughter is under the care of the public health system.They just changed from wanting to induce labour to now wanting to leave it as long as possible.It has not been good for my daughter's mental health.I have to question professionals as they do get it wrong.They have with me .

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Mark,

Are you able to talk to the medical staff who are caring for your daughter? I'm not up to date with the issues around her consent for the staff to speak with you, but this would have to be given by your daughter..

Might be worth speaking to your daughter about it?

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I had a chat with my daughter tonight about it all.They want to get the baby bigger and then they want to to do a C section.

That must be so worrying. Can you get a second opinion with in health system.

I

My daughter is a bit upset as she wanted to have the baby natural.I just said what ever way is safest for you and the baby.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
My daughter supose to have a phone appointment with Centrelink Tuesday.I don't know how that is going to work.She applied 3 months ago and still no payment.They have just about made it impossible to get a payment.I don't know what else to do

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Mark,

How is your daughter at TAFE going? And how is your daughter who is expecting the baby? I hope everything is well with them both. Just thought I'd pop by and see if you had any news of them. Best wishes!