FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,005 Replies 1,005

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Hanna my daughter at TAFE is doing well though last Friday was washed out and had to pick her up in pouring rain with roads flooded everywhere.

My daughter is over due by 5 weeks now has been in hospital with a kidney infection.The hospital still dosnt know what they are doing.My sister in-law who is midwife is shocked by this.

I have some other exciting news my daughter's twin sister is now pregnant and is due in September.I hope she has an easier pregnancy then last time.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Having major panic attacks now with my special needs child stuck at school as his mother decided to go into town and is now can't get back to the town with my son is in and I am flooded in here as well and their is more storms forecast.I am so worried how he will cope if we can't pick him up.

Hey Matchy69,

We're sorry to hear you're having panic attacks. Is anything helping you through them? We do have some guided breathing exercises you can listen to here, in case it would be helpful to ge...

If you'd like to call our counsellors to talk you through it, we're here for you on 1300 22 4636. We can hear it's an incredibly stressful time, and we're sorry to hear that you're affected by the floods.

Thanks for sharing here. This community is here for you. 

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Mark

I'm sure the teachers and staff at your son's school will be taking good care of your son.

Gosh these are difficult times. No wonder you are feeling panicky. Look after yourself and if you can contact the school perhaps they can reassure you about your son.

Keep in touch with people here on BB. Make sure you are OK. Thinking of you in these difficult times.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
The roads still flooded and closed.We rung the school but their is nothing else we can do at the moment.And make things worst it is thundering here and anymore rain will close it for the night.I just feel so panicky and scared.I am just shaking.What will help my panic attacks would be the road opening.I can't even remember what I was taught to do when I am having a severe panic attack.I am trying to do some heavy breathing exercises.

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Mark, what did the school say to you? Your son will be kept safe I'm sure. I understand you are very worried.

Deep breathing from the abdomen I find helps... slow your breathing and concentrate on that. I'm sorry you're having such a worrying time.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Just to let you know we had a 15 minute just 4pm.to get through and a huge storm came and it got closed again.So we managed to get my son and we all home and safe now.It was such a worry as a special needs child is not the easiest to handle in a situation like that and his medication is due a 4pm.It is such a relief for me now.

Hanna3
Community Member
Great news Mark! I'm glad your son is safe home and well. 🙂👍

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Mark,

I don't know if you are still around here - just wondering how things are with your family and you? I hope everything is going OK. Best wishes!

Mark

how are you.?

How is the weather near you.