FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Which guilty pleasures do u spend $$ on?

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi All,

For me it's lotto, poker machines and hotel stays.

Ive been lucky and won small sums of money which entice me to go back for more. I've been one number short of a first division lotto win twice. I've also won the venues $1000 win while playing a pokie.

I like change which is the reason for my hotel stays. I usually stay for one or two nights to explore a new area.

What are your guilty pleasures?

117 Replies 117

Sounds lovely Sleepy21.

I've only ever had a Banana Smoothie which I love. Never tried an acai bowl, what's in them? I really need to start eating healthier because I'm always worried I'll get really sick like cancer but I have a binge eating disorder, without self diagnosing myself. I did try Lite N Easy for a few weeks and got sick so I stopped.

Never had a Chai Latte either but I do want to! You have a nice collection of things you enjoy

- Tayla

Hey Tayla

Acai bowls are like a smoothie in a bowl - they put acai berries (some type of healthy berries) mixed often with apple/banana and then top it up with berries, coconut, nuts, banana...

Sometimes they call them smoothie bowls. it's like a healthy ice cream.
I don't make any of this in my home but some people do... With a blender. I'm sure it's fun decorating them and deciding what toppings to put on.

I do make my own chai at home though 🙂 it's a hot drink which they drink a lot in india that is very soothing...honey, spices and black tea. You can get that at most cafes. Sometimes they use tea leaves and brew it up which tastes like they make in India but other times they use a short cut - they have syrup which has a fake chai taste. It's pretty bad lol. That would be probably what they make at chain stores like starbucks or even mcdonalds. It takes time and is more expensive to brew it properly and freshly so they don't do that usually.

P.S I also have an eating disorder and receive a special MHCP for that.... it allows you to have 40 sessions with a psycholgist... ask ur gp!!! x

Oh the acai bowls sound nice, and the smoothie bowls. I'll have to try them one day. I think you can make them at home.

Sorry to hear you have an eating disorder also. I'll have to ask my GP when I see him again, thank you. Would that just involve seeing a dietitian? I did contact Butterfly Foundation & they were nice

- Tayla

Lillylane
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Tay100

Yeah I prefer the steeped chai too. If they use powdered flavouring or syrup, it often tastes too sickly sweet for me.

But if they use the real steeped chai, with those lovely fragrant spices, I love it.

Lillylane
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi EM,

Yes haha I can understand how you feel when the order gets mixed up and then it’s a hassle to have to sort it out!

I think I once received a coffee without coffee in it (like, just hot milk). Like ZERO caffeine. I may have cried a little 😛

But then another time a complete stranger in the car ahead of me shouted me a free coffee because he had a loyalty card and realised he had earned a free coffee but already paid for it. How nice is that.

Hi Lillylane

I'll tolerate a high-quality powder- but yes, authentic steeped chai is where it's at! It's nice to have some who understands hahaa

Hi all,
I bought the prana chai leaves they use in cafes and make it myself in a pot at home.
It's pretty good!

With a nice soymilk and some honey.

It's a bit of a mess aftewoods with the leaves globbing up the strainer and getting all sticky - otherwise very yum

Chai is so beautiful, nice to meet some other fans

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
p.s if any chai lovers come accross a cafe that serves iced chai - ohmigosh - it's next level.
My local has it and I trid yesterday for the first time - not good for my wallet as I'm now obsessed. I'll be back there for more for sure!

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oh lots of chai lovers here!

I bought myself a little 2 cup pot from a specialty kitchen wares shop this year ESPECIALLY for heating up my chai on the stove lol...

I buy the mix made up from a local cafe, certainly saves ALOT of time making it all up myself as I did years ago lol.

Yep LOVE chai!

Sleepy the iced chai sounds interesting... not sure where they'd offer it around here.

Lillylane what a score and a nice thing that man did lol. He paid it forward hey?
Why not.

EMxxxx

Ahh...chai latte- delicious yummyness.

My guilty pleasure is going to those expensive frozen yoghurt places and filling my cup up with the yoghurt and all those toppings. Esp the little flavoured balls that pop in your mouth.