FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm really trying to feel better about myself

Music_Freak
Community Member

I don't know where to start with this, there's so much in my head right now...

I've got nothing, but my cat...no job, no friends, far from a family priority etc. etc.

My mum died 10 years ago on 26.2 and I still miss her so badly, she was the only person I had who was in my corner. Everyone else (family, friends that currently aren't talking to me) say I play the victim and am all "woe is me"

My sister's said I look like a silverback gorilla and other such things. She's a bully who gets away with it all, because she's the favourite and "normal" (kids, married, no mental illness - although I have doubts about that last one). My dad's called me fat and said that "You're bent like your mother" (she was bipolar). He lives with me and getting him to do anything is such a battle, he doesn't feel like paying the rent, so it's left to me, goes to work when he feels like it, helps my sister with her house but won't with me etc. etc. etc....I could go on and on with them!!

I have a GP and a psychologist that I should go back to (sessions are free and they're within walking distance), but I wonder if it's worth it when my psychologist said me running an instagram account for a celebrity is me living in fantasy land

I won't write any more, because I can't see anyone replying. I've got nothing and nobody and just want to forget...

1,720 Replies 1,720

Hi Narelle

Thinking of you just now and wondering how you are today?How did you go with taking Buddy to the vet?

I agree with Sherie, keep going with the MYOB course.

I hope it was OK about me going on about being precious and such, I feel silly now. The truth is I personally have trouble believing it about myself. And I do struggle with the feeling of worthlessness.

Anyway I do hope you are starting to feel better. Hugs if you would like one.

Shell xx

Don't feel silly Shell, it's kind of reassuring that you can relate to how I feel 🙂

The vet went OK, I posted about it in the pets thread...it was a little adventure

I'm going to finish the MYOB course, even if it feels hopeless, it's something else for the CV.

I'm feeling a bit exhausted lately, like everything's beaten me and I'm not sure how to get back on track right now

Thanks heaps for your reassuring words to me Narelle. It has helped me not feel so silly:-)

Sorry you feel exhausted, emotional overload stuff, over thinking, eating junk, lack of sleep, no exercise, stress, crying and deep sadness makes me feel exhausted. Can you relate to that at all? If so you are not alone. Maybe you could work on one area at a time or something. Eg....make sure you eat properly. Though you are walking, which is a good thing. Hope you are able to get some energy and get back on track anyway.

OK I am off to the pet thread, to read your adventure with Buddy going to the vet.

Love

Shell xx

That's the story of my life Shell. Totally accurate..

I'm spending today in bed in front of the TV and might tackle some MYOB tomorrow

That's all I can think of right now...back to baby steps

Hi Narelle,

Are you watching anything good on tv?

Carol xx

Switching between Judging Amy and Dr Phil...the latter is always a bit of a yawn fest, so I'm paying more attention to Buddy. I do find his voice kind of relaxing though

Just trying to not think too much right at the moment

Watching Medium now...finally a show I like 🙂

Hi Narelle. Just popping by to let you know that I am thinking of you and Buddy.

I quite like that TV show, Medium, as well. Glad you finally found something you like. I'm lucky, I have Foxtel so there are a few more choices there. Although with all the new digital channels on free to air, its really very good compared to what it used to be.

Hope your day improves as it wears on. Please give Bud a gentle stroke from me.

Sherie xx

Hi there,

Medium is a good show. I quite like Judging Amy too.

I hope you feel better for the rest.

I'm watching a show full of aliens called Falling Skies which you would think would keep me awake but alas I keep dozing so I think I shall have a nap.

Hi Narelle, totally agree with taking baby steps. I least you are heading in the right direction. That has to be a good thing.

And do you have TAFE or uni qualifications in regards to the admin stuff?

Shell xx