FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Suicidal

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Firstly I think mods do thei best.

Secondly I feel complete ut of touch with reality.

I want people to post freely and express it.

13 Replies 13

Sophie_M
Hi Chris_Tas,

We are sorry if you feel you are unable to express yourself freely and encourage you to do so on the forums, but it goes without saying it must be within the community guidelines.

We hope that you are doing well but are concerned by your thread title that you are currently at risk, due to this we have arranged a call out by our counselling team. If you miss their calls, we encourage you to contact Beyond Blue either via phone 1300 224 636 or through Beyond Blue Online Chat.

You could also contact the Suicide Callback Service, as you may be aware they offer a range of contact methods that can be accessed via Suicide Callback Service or by giving them a call on 1300 659 467.

Please remember that if you feel you are in danger or you do not feel safe, please call emergency services on 000.

Warm regards
Sophie M

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Is there anything you'd like to discuss Chris?  

I've been here 9 years. I'm open to chatting about anything within the community rules.

TonyWK

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chris Tas,

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

Hang in there and please know we are here listening to you.

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris

I think the moderators are focused on a moderate degree of distressing or upsetting content in the posts, which can help explain why we don't see extremely or overwhelmingly distressing content. I imagine there are only a select number of people that can manage that kind of content. To not be able to freely express ourselves can be upsetting, I can relate, for it's that kind of freedom that can lead us to make greater sense of things sometimes. Putting it out there and seeing how it resonates with people can be something that's really needed. Can almost feel like a deep longing at times.

Wondering how you're perceiving your reality at the moment. With it being said that our reality is based on our perception, if we're in between perceptions for some reason (coming out of an old one and on the verge of coming into a new way of seeing things) or if we're not fully conscious of the perception we're entering into, it can feel pretty surreal. How would you describe it?

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Been a tough week.

3 admissions all Police involved.

They have been great to me as I'm not aggressive just lost.

Everyone stay well and mods please annex this to my main thread as I have no idea how that happened. 

Stay safe all, I'm here for anyone.

Chris

Chris_Tas
Community Member

So I've been in hospital 3 times in a week.

Every time rang lifeline.

I am extremely proud of the support given to me.

I had 6 Police officers and 2 paramedics on one occasion and they (whilst confronting) were fantastic.

If you feel.suicidal please reach out like I do. Apparently I'm the highest in Tasmania and they STILL help me with no judgement.

Please seek immediately if you feel unsafe as your life is better with us that without.

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Please remember Police (outside a few) aren't out to "get you".

Suicide is not a crime.

They will not treat you that way as long as honest, calm, no threats, and just say you're struggling.

You'll be amazed how much support you get as you are not alone.

Yes mate but this forum is now so difficult 

Thank you Petal.

May I tell a funny story? (my mates found it funny but my sister didn't and gave me a spray)

So I was under the Police Custody Order but I felt up and about -here in Tas you can't leave if under this Order which is great.

I got bored though so had a game of "how to escape) and I did!!!

I threw a bottle of water one way and then hid under ther the Drs chair.

They couldn't find me so I gave myself up and this huge man grabbed me and said funniest patient ever.....lol