FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Meditation, Manifesting, Gratitude & The Law of Attraction

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to start so hope I can express myself clearly and maybe with others' input we can expand on this. I'm interested in people's thoughts/ experience with meditation, manifesting, gratitude & the law of attraction. I've recently started using the Smiling Mind app to meditate when going to sleep and sometimes when feeling a little anxious, like tonight. It is something i thought i could never do as my mind rarely stops, however, with persistence, I find I enjoy it. I guess i tend to have a negative mindset which I am determined to change.I always felt uneasy about thinking positive things as i thought i would jinx myself, and that whenever I made a positive comment or felt happy it would go wrong or something negative would happen. So i refrained from allowing myself to be too happy, I guess to 'protect' myself. Recently i have been feeling happier, stronger, expressing gratitude and taking note of when things have come to me when i needed them. Coincidence, or answers to what i put out to the Universe? I like to think the latter. A work colleague one day told me to manifest something i wanted, put it out to the universe , so I'm trying. Example, recently we needed to measure the floor space at reception so we could calculate how many people we could have in at one time. I needed a tape measure, which i did not have. At that moment our handyman walked into the office. Guess what he had? I am getting into the habit of practising positive thinking instead of thinking/expecting negatives. If something 'negative' does crop up, it can be dealt with, it's not the end of the world. I look for the positive in every negative situation. I am becoming more aware of being grateful for little things, things like getting a good car park at work, a warn cosy bed, a tidy house. I feel when i am expressing gratitude I am putting positive thoughts out into the universe and I notice more positives instead of focusing on negatives. Late last week we had internet issues at work and a colleague i found a little annoying. I've been feeling very drained, agitated, negative for a few days. This morning things were not running smoothly for me. A result of my negative mind perhaps? Little things became a big deal, my morning was crap. If i look back, it wasn't really an issue, i just did things in a different order which gave me more relax time this evening. The Law of Attraction, positive thoughts, positive experiences.

What are your thoughts?

cmf x

494 Replies 494

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

Wishing things were going much smoother for you. Glad the reading offered some of what you really needed. Discovering our 'go to' resources for greater clarity and reassurance is definitely a blessing in life. I think it's good for mental health while in the deeper challenges.

Was having a conversation with my son just last night about the topic of 'wonder'. You'd think wonder to be such a simplistic thing but it can be far from it at times. For example, you can have a kid who seriously wonders what it would be like to ride a shopping trolley down the steepest hill in town. Hospital or worse may be the outcome. You can have someone who wonders what it would be like to just quit their job on the spot, after facing years of unrelenting stress. Without another job to go to, they do it, only to find the financial stress and the search for employment to be greater than the kind of stress they left behind or perhaps they land the job of their dreams the next day (one they'd never find if they weren't forced to look). Then there's that kind of wonder that can leave you kind of twisting in the wind, not knowing which direction to head in while you're also left wondering what the challenge you're facing is really all about. It's such a tormenting sense of wonder, that one. Wonder can be potentially dangerous, stressful, liberating or complicated. I've found it can even get depressing at times. Again, I'm glad your sense of wonder led you to the card reading, which offered guidance and support.

Wondering if you've ever tried 'automatic writing'. While some say, it's a form of taking dictation from the more conscious part of the brain, others will see it as taking dictation from the powers that be. No matter what perspective floats our boat, what can come out as a result of that dictation can offer some clarity. Just a thought.

Hoping you find a greater sense of peace and inspiration while keeping the faith.

Hi there....I notice you mentioned "trying automatic writing" I don't know how you "try" to do it, but there have been a few times { I have them in my journal) that I've taken my pen and without any thought, or dwelling on anything in particular, or any hesitation at all between words.....wonderfully inspirational and encouraging words almost start writing themselves, just flowing out of my pen. Usually they last for a couple of pars...not all that long but they're good to read back.

I think "who wrote that? Was it really only me who wrote those terrific words?. I can only explain it as being like 'just holding the pen" and the words come by themselves. I don't plan to do it...and doesn't happen all that often...only when I need to hear the words I guess.......interesting subject.

Hi Moonstruck

Definitely a challenge to write without thinking. I suppose we've been conditioned to think about what we write (all throughout those school years especially) therefor it can be a tough habit to break. It's been some time since I've done automatic writing. I'm more inclined to meditate on simply hearing what naturally comes to me, rather than writing what comes to me. With either one, I find opening such channels involves me getting into a daydreamy kind of state after first having asked a question regarding a challenge I face or some direction I need. Off I go and then bamm, something will come to me from out of the blue. I know what you mean; the amount of times I've thought 'Where the heck did that come from?! That's absolutely brilliant.'. Can be far from easy to do at times, especially when stress is a factor. Hard to become super relaxed when you're stressing.

I suppose the automatic writing comes down to practice. Practice makes perfect as they say. Given how many years (all those hundreds and hundreds of days) we've been practicing thinking about what we're writing, takes practice to achieve the opposite - writing without thinking.

As said by Eckhart Tolle, 'Not to be able to stop thinking is a dreadful affliction, but we don't realize this because almost everyone is suffering from it, so it is considered normal'.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi my friends,

I had a look into automatic writing. I don't think it's for me but than you for the suggestion.

I'll float along knowing that I am grateful for so much. Knowing that manifesting takes time. Knowing I can manifest what I desire & once I let go & release it to the Universe it will come at the right time.

Cmf 🙏

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

Wondering if you've developed any conscious rituals for manifesting. By the way, I really should be doing this myself, becoming more conscious on a daily basis. Need to develop or redevelop this habit.

I have a little 'altar' which equates to a small table with a photo of my kids on it, an oracle deck, a candle, Tibetan singling bowl and a few small loving gifts from my kids in the past. It's a small altar of remembrance, for what I'm grateful for, while also being a place where I can sit calmly in a time out as I visualise my desires for the future. Used to be an everyday ritual, sitting before it. Gone seriously off track these days; don't even dust it. Shame on me. Gotta get back to that.

It's said that having a place of greater consciousness, which we can visit every day, make us more conscious on a daily basis. Can even hold the power of taking us out of the stressors of life for as long as we're in meditation in that place. Can also be a place where, in calmness, solutions are able to naturally come to mind. Really gotta get my poop together and start doing this again.

You really are a magical person. Whenever I chat with you, I become more conscious of things I need to be conscious of. You are a part of all I'm grateful for 🙂

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi therising, 

Thank you for your kind words..Apologies for the late reply. No...I don't have any concious rituals. I find my manifesting works without me realising. I guess I do it unconsciously. This also seems to work in reverse ie I'm always annoyed at my partner's sis being in our relationship and BOOM, there she is again, even when I have him come to my place so we don't have to be around her. Major things that I've manifested unconsciously have come to me after a long period of time, hence why I didn't realise at the time I was manifesting lol. We go to church sometimes but when I pray I feel I'm just asking, not really manifesting. I can feel the difference in how I feel & believe. If I believe in something coming to me it does, at the right time. If I'm asking ie for my partner's sis to move on, it doesn't happen & she's just more intrusive. I guess I'm not believing it will happen. I know I'm not believing it as I have doubts over where our relationship will go & I just see her involved all the time. I guess this is what I'm manifesting.  Not sure how to change this 😕 

Cmf

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey CMF, 

I'm listening. I hear you. 

The sis thing is not only her being there / in everything but also bfs attachment to her / prioritising her, prob over you?

I see what you mean. Maybe this story could help you manifest the situation that suits you. Having said that... I doubt we can impose our "Will" over others in a purity sense.. 

Years ago I worked with a woman who openly hated me. I hadn't done anything wrong. She saw me as taking her place (as the youngest on the staff) & HATED our boss referring to me as "the expert". I didn't like it either. 

What she did to me in front of others, she'd be fired nowadays. 

I'd taken this job in another state (no friends, no family, quite young). Didn't like living there but I did my best to find ANY THING I could like about my sitch.. 
Horrible woman (HW) made my life unbearable. Every second of my days & nights I tried to get her out of my head. 

SO... I IMAGINED the site without her. Prayed WHITE LIGHT over our site. She was gone to a better place lol... another site 😉.  Months of bringing my mind BACK then to any peaceful space to work in. All day, all night I had this... it was HARD! 

Here's the clincher... imagining a loving relationship with a significant other... NOT bf, just the wonderful feelings of a really awesome r/ship. 

Directing all thoughts to these. When you think of sis bump your thoughts, as "she's not there". 

Tbh if you decide to put up boundaries in the physical realm, we could talk about those too. 

My story. HW applied for a job elsewhere within about 9 months of me starting this. 
I GOT a transfer back home (thinking of that awesome work place)... aw kind of happy ending, for that story anyway! 

Thinking OF that person manifests them. 

EMxx

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

Having been raised Catholic, I don't recall being taught to mediate on prayer in the way I do these days. It was always more so about asking and giving thanks and less about creating a kind of 2 way channel. So I know what you mean about the asking factor involved in prayer.

There's an author named Neale Donald Walsch who's written a series of books (Conversations with God), which is pretty much based on what happens when you create a 2 way channel. I suppose you could say it's about 'channeling' the powers that be, opening up a channel of communication. While some may say that's a bit freaky, weird, crazy or out there, I say whatever works. And while some may say 'There's no such thing as 'God' or 'The Source', you're just channeling your higher consciousness within your own brain, I much prefer the more romantic version, believing that there is something beautiful and incredible that supports and guides us. By the way, you could look at the sign of the cross as a conscious ritual that opens the channel. Hope it doesn't sound too blasphemous to say performing the sign of the cross is kind of like 'dialing up' the powers that be, making the initial connection.

When I used to sit in meditation/prayer and throw out wishes such as 'I wish I could be a better wife' or 'I wish my relationship with my husband was better' or 'I wish he'd make more effort' a lot of that changed over time. In meditative prayer I began to ask 'What do I need to do to change/improve things?' or 'What do I need to do have the relationship evolve?'. I was always putting so much effort in, to make him happier, to change myself in ways he'd be content with etc. I can recall the words that came to mind once, 'Leave him alone and simply observe'. I discovered this response or lesson was not to improve the relationship but to have me see more clearly how he would only put effort in when he eventually felt lonely. He'd reconnect typically when it only served him.

I learned over time to open my mind to the idea that what comes to me in prayer is not always what I want to hear but instead what I need to know.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi my friends & thanks for your thoughts. Ecomama - I'm aware thinking of that person brings her to me so I need to stop. 

Therising - we've been going to mass & I always pray for our relationship (M & I) & pray for her to find love & move on.

I read something that said when someone constantly does things that annoy you to not react. Stay in your lane, hand it over to Source & let it go. Be happy & let the solution come to you. I like that idea of handing it over. I'll need to give it a try 🤗🙏

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

So I've been practising handing things over to Source. I need to remember to do itore often but it does bring me a sense of calm. I had some positive news yesterday about my partner's sis hopefully moving on with her life next year. Even though I've heard it before she's not getting any younger & wants kids so the clock is ticking. A few things have fallen into place for her that she wanted before she'd live with her bf. Will leave it with Source & trust in the process.

Cmf 🙏