Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Where to get help for separation

Community Member
I’m full time stay at home mom of 2 with zero income and zero saving, want to seperate from husband of 13 years. No, he’s not abusive. We just couldn’t work out our issues. I’m about to explode, I can’t deal anything anymore, especially my emotions. I don’t have family or close friends, just me alone. I was wondering what kind of support or assistance I can get from where? Please help me point to right direction. 🙏🏼 Thank you.
2 Replies 2

Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello MYM, thanks for posting your comment and sorry for the situation you are facing.

Here are a few sites to contact:

-Family Relationships Advice Line 1800 050 321

-online www.familyrelationships.gov.au

-Family Relationships Centres or phone us on 1300 364 277

-1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732


-www.servicesaustralia.gov.au › individuals › separated-parents

Hope some of these help you.


Community Member


Rather than separating, have you given any thought to marriage counselling. It would be best to do this as a couple, but a few one-on-one sessions with a counsellor from "Relationships Australia" (RA) might help identify the problem you and your husband are having. Geoff has passed on the RA contact details above; give them a call.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do; but separation may not be the best go-to solution; especially when children are involved. In saying that, I do not know your situation; only you know what is best for you.

At the very least; please talk to someone from RA before you go down the separation path; there may be other options.