Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Announcement Icon
You can win one of three $200 gift cards. Complete our survey by 5pm, 30 June 2024 AEST to enter the draw. Your response will be anonymous so you can't be identified.

Where to get help for separation

Community Member
I’m full time stay at home mom of 2 with zero income and zero saving, want to seperate from husband of 13 years. No, he’s not abusive. We just couldn’t work out our issues. I’m about to explode, I can’t deal anything anymore, especially my emotions. I don’t have family or close friends, just me alone. I was wondering what kind of support or assistance I can get from where? Please help me point to right direction. 🙏🏼 Thank you.
2 Replies 2

Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello MYM, thanks for posting your comment and sorry for the situation you are facing.

Here are a few sites to contact:

-Family Relationships Advice Line 1800 050 321

-online www.familyrelationships.gov.au

-Family Relationships Centres or phone us on 1300 364 277

-1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732


-www.servicesaustralia.gov.au › individuals › separated-parents

Hope some of these help you.


Community Member


Rather than separating, have you given any thought to marriage counselling. It would be best to do this as a couple, but a few one-on-one sessions with a counsellor from "Relationships Australia" (RA) might help identify the problem you and your husband are having. Geoff has passed on the RA contact details above; give them a call.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do; but separation may not be the best go-to solution; especially when children are involved. In saying that, I do not know your situation; only you know what is best for you.

At the very least; please talk to someone from RA before you go down the separation path; there may be other options.