FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is there no end?!?

Bev13
Community Member

Hi,

Moved to country Vic a while ago to try a and find peace and contentment. Alas I’m still every place I go. No support no access to psychiatric help, all taken up with COVID problems. I’m 52 haven’t found anything to help yet....

2 Replies 2

Positive_vibes89
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Bev, thanks for reaching out. Im very sorry that you have received no mental health support. Have you made an appointment with a GP, that is a good starting point. A GP will go through a questionare with you and then put you on a mental health plan. The plan will allow you free sessions with a psychiartrist. If you feel that you need to speak to somebody now, I encourage you to reach out to the beyond blue phone line.

If you would like to Bev, you can get a few things off your chest here in the forum. We are all here to listen to you as a way of support. The best thing I have found that has helped with my mental health is to talk about it. I feel so much better, holding it in can be quite distressing.

So Bev I am all screen (ears) if you would like to talk.

Tee

Sophie_M
Hi Bev13,

Welcome to the forum, we hope you can find the community you are looking for here.

We’re sorry to hear that you have been unable to find support within your community. Perhaps have you considering speaking to our Support Centre about referrals within your community or via tele-health? They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through your situation and may be able to get you in contact with the additional supports you need at the moment.