FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Depression, anxiety, bipolar and schizophrenia

Ausdog
Community Member
I have no interest in anything, I find no joy in life anymore. I am tired and am not sure this existence is what I want. I don't know who I am, who am I and who are the drugs trying to make me become. I despise more than I care, I feel nothing but anger and hate, at everyone and especially myself. I smile I'm public so I am left alone, no one knows the depth of my dark well I live in. Guess typing this helps.
26 Replies 26

Ausdog
Community Member

Everyone says they understand.  No they don't.  When I shut my eyes or relax my thoughts the demons come out to play.  When I sleep my dreams are full of pain and suffering.  I have no one to be normal for now, nothing to stop me listening to the thoughts and dreams.  All I can say is that sometimes it's not worth being good, and being yourself is more important.   

Ausdog
Community Member

I have realised it's easier to do as the voices say.  I am the whore to my personal demons.   No more suppression 

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Ausdog

It sounds like you're going through absolute hell right now. To be doing that on your own is even more torturous. Has your son always been the voice of reason to some degree, sometimes able to help you manage the other voices? Have you ever managed in the past to ground your self in some way, out of hearing the voices that challenge you so intensely? Maybe you've managed some of them in certain ways. Are they worse under certain circumstances or in certain environments? You mention when you relax this tends to make them worse. Are there any that are good or helpful, even if it's just one? Can you hear one, for example, but it's just too quiet to hear clearly, over the rest? Is there one you could trust in the past, to support you, but maybe it's disappeared or you've forgotten about it over time?

It sounds like maybe the true you is the you who has managed so intensely over time, to the point of pure exhaustion. I can't imagine how incredibly exhausting this must be, managing so much of what you hear, while also trying to manage what you see when you go to sleep. It sounds so incredibly exhausting. I imagine the exhaustion doesn't help matters, perhaps even making things worse.

Are you interested in connecting with people who've been able to manage the voices strategically, in a way where they manage to live with them while not letting them take over or dictate? Are you open to suggestions or guidance from people who can fully relate to what you're facing, who can maybe help make some constructive difference to you?

Ausdog
Community Member

I have been doing my best to be "normal" to ignore the voices to be what is expected.  There are days I can't get out of bed, days I can't face people, days it hurts to be.  The only reason I haven't ended it all is as I don't want my son to think I don't love him and want to be there for him.   He doesn't want me at this stage but teenage years are hard for kids.   I despise all I am, I have seeked help and been told I don't have enough issues ( local hospital) I lean on friends and drag them into my personal Hell.  It scares them so I try not to any more.  I type here to try to clear my head, my doctor can't be accessed for days.  I tell people I am living the dream....the dream involves every nightmare people know

Ausdog
Community Member

Thank you  for caring.  My voices ate the "evil" all I hear is pain and blood.  I try to be normal so my son can be proud....I worry  about the old saying......the sins of the father visited apon the son.  I don't want him experiencing my dark side as either first hand or from what I have done   to myself or others.    It's bad enough he sees the things I do to myself to hurt/punish myself

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ausdog

thanks for posting here and sharing your story so honestly.

By writing here your words will others you are reading your posts.It can be so hard when days are so hard to get out of bed. 
It is hard when you feel that  people are not listening to your pain.

We are listening to you  here. Sophie has suggest some helpful resources to contact. 
You are trying so hard to help yourself. Do you think you may ring up a helpline..

Thank you.  I appreciate the reply.  I can't be helped   my voices let me know I am alone except for them.  I have friends etc but the people in my head have been there for so long I know they will be either me till the end

Hi Ausdog,

We're sorry to hear how much you're struggling ATM. It sounds like you're experiencing some very dark and overwhelming thoughts and feelings and we want to make sure you're getting the help and support you need.

We’re reaching out to you privately to make sure you’re ok. If you want to reach out to our counsellors yourself to talk this through, we’re on 1300 22 4636, and you can reach us online here. There’s also our friends over at the Suicide Call Back service on 1300 659 467, or Lifeline on 13 11 14.

Mental health is so very important. To maintain our mental health requires ongoing work and care (just as with our physical health). We need to look after ourselves continually - even if we don't feel that we are being understood or treated properly. Sometimes we need to advocate for ourselves and continue to show up, continue to reach out and find the right help/treatment/support and insist on making this a priority - and from what you're saying to us here today - that's incredibly important for both you and your son.

Healing and recovery also takes time, but you're worth the effort, Ausdog.

We hope you will get some really supportive and encouraging responses here and encourage you to keep engaged, and keep us updated with how you are going.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Kind regards, 

Sophie M

Ausdog
Community Member
I have come to realise I hate everything, my son is my light of love.  I now know I need pain to know I am alive, my being is worthless,  my sons smile is a beam of light in my darkness

Ausdog
Community Member
Nothing changes, life isn't worth the pain, trust/love no one, they only hurt you, I hate and am so angry and sad. No one can be trusted.