FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I think life’s won.

BindiChops
Community Member
My whole life was a typical undiagnosed bipolar life…. Ups, downs, alcohol, sleeping pills, smoking, previous attempts etc etc. at 38 I was finally diagnosed, medicated and I changed. Left a toxic relationship, quit drinking, smoking and pills. Got a good job, became a single mum and bought a house. I was finally doing life ‘right’. Well, I just got made redundant and everything is crashing down around me. I’m alone and I don’t think I have the fight left in me for this, I thought this darkness was over.  I’m failing, again.  But I’m so tired. I don’t think I can this time. 
3 Replies 3

Null
Community Member

Girl... I feel you. Not necessarily as bad but I can relate. I've been struggling with my mental health so much, I don't want to keep going. It has been rapidly declining since 2022 and I am just so exhausted (mentally and physically). But I know I have to keep going, I still have many years ahead of me. We are here for you, we can support each other. You are not alone here ❤️

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello BindiChops & Null,

I think you may be interested in a discussion called: This Bipolar Life. If you type that into the search thingy at the top of this page, you will be able to find it.

I had a thought that since I've been way down before & have worked my way out, learning how to as I did, I feel, certainly I could do it again, if I had to... no, I wouldn't eant to, it wouldn't be fun, but I think I know better now how to do it again. & I also now know more about where I can find help, people to talk to, etcetera, as well.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Fiatlux
Community Member

Hi BindiChops,

How are you feeling today?

Its been a week since you posted and mmMekitty and Null have reached out to offer support but I understand that a week is a long time when you feeling down.

From what I have read, you have a child who needs you.

I remember being made redundant from a job that I loved and at the time I didn’t know what redundant even meant. It’s such an awful word and it’s time we changed that. Losing your job can feel like your life has no purpose but after sitting on the couch for a few days, I picked myself up and started job searching again. I admit that I was a lot younger and had support from my husband but I still felt pressured to get back into paid work. I didn’t have a choice with a large mortgage at the time.

I am in my mid to late fifties now and run a business with my husband and I can work from home so I do. I too feel too exhausted to get up and out of the house 5 days a week. 

Please let us know how you are feeling, that’s if you want to share more of course.

Take care and remember that people are here for moral support. Fiatlux 🙏🏼