FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

CHRISTMAS 2016/NEW YEARS Chillout Lounge

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Everybody! Christmas is the time of year to enjoy & share with family & friends. Some people will spend this time alone & isolated too!

This is a safe place where people can post and say hello, chat or send wishes to others and have a 'Virtual Christmas/New Years'!

Whether you have plans for Christmas/New Years or having a quiet one you can kick back and just enjoy company of others. Its been a long year. Even if you have never posted on Beyond Blue before you are very welcome to come in and sit around our 'Virtual Christmas Tree' and chat 🙂

Just make sure you leave your snow gear/boots in the foyer. Please leave any reindeer or snow dogs outside if you can 😉 Happy Christmas xo

Santa (aka Paul) Ho Ho! 🙂

352 Replies 352

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I luv ya Moon.

cmf 🙂

Hi Sara, of course you can, and thankyou for the courtesy post too! It sounds like a great new topic...'A Friendship Hub' Looking forward to having a read....

This thread was created to benefit all non posters and posters alike... thus the title 'New Years' not just the birth of Santa lol.

You have the floor and thankyou for all your help and pro-active support here and the forums too!

my kindest (hey cmf....Moon Rocks....a gift to the forums..xo)

Paulx

Croix.....May the Santa be with you 🙂

Hi Everyone,

Just a random post here from me.

I was in the local library today, in the craft section. I saw about 5 books on Christmas. I was going to borrow a couple and start thinking about what I might be able to make as Christmas gifts for this year.

If I start now, I might manage to have something ready by Christmas. Ha. Ha.

In the end I left the books there, and borrowed one on Gingerbread houses for the whole year, a book on someone's travels to Burma/Myanmar and a couple of others whose titles I have already forgotten. Might borrow a couple of Christmas books next time!

Cheers all from Dools

Hi Mrs Dools

Ive always admired a person that takes the TLC to make their won Christmas presents...Nice1

you're a gem Mrs Dools

Paul

Morning Bald Eagle 1;

This thread's gone gang busters. When's Xmas over? Santa's flown the coup and New Year's a distant memory (for those of us who can remember it!)

Cheers...Sara xo

Thanks Sara Connor 🙂

Captain Kanga is loitering around here somewhere......He mentioned in the BBCafe that 'Santa is always with us'

I love his sense of humour

May the Santa be with you

Paulxo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the encouragement regarding the home made Christmas gifts. One of my sisters called everything I had made her "CRAP" and that she only keeps it to put up in the school library at Christmas as the kids seem to enjoy it.

So I took that as a compliment! As long as the children enjoy it, I am happy!

Hi Sara,

Just because there are Easter goodies in the store already, for some people the joy of Christmas and New Year still lingers.

In Bali we were told they celebrate the "English" New Year, also the Balinese, Chinese and Buddhist New Year! So there are still lots of people waiting to celebrate New Years!

Do we have any people here who are still to celebrate New Years?

Then there is Christmas in July...

Ha. Ha. The celebrations keep on going...

Cheers all from Dools​

What about jewish new year, Armish, arabic, vegan, financial, beer drinkers new year. The list is endless Every day is new years eve/ day. What about ground hog day we need to celebrate that don't we.

Or is that just am excuse to have a party. If it is, I dont care I am in for a party 1095 days a year. Do the math Every day is three parties.

Hi Mrs Dools

your sister actually saying that is so sad. You have always taken the positive, the school library & the children now have the benefit of a gift made from your heart 🙂

Hi Kanga

Chinese New Year is coming up too! Xinnian hao (new year goodness)

I hope you are doing reasonably okay....Im melting here in Vic......ugh......

Paul

(New Posters are more than welcome to kick back and have a yak) 🙂

Hi Kanga,

Last night on the news there was a segment of Coptic Christians enjoying their Christmas celebrations.

I had a look on Google and discovered like you mentioned, that if you wanted, you could celebrate New Year celebrations just about every day of the year, as so many people have New Years at different times.

There was also a site about the 25 strangest New Year's traditions.

So yer, this thread can keep running all year so everyone is covered.

Chinese New Year is January the 28th.

Cheers all from Dools