FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tired

Truetomyself
Community Member
At the moment I feel really tired and exhausted from my anxiety that is now impacting my depression.
I am also tired of having to hide it. Especially with work.
I can't afford to loose my job but I can't say what's really going on.
I am scared and unsure of what to do. I have lost jobs because of my mental health being so up and down.
I have no one to talk about it to.
305 Replies 305

I disagree, as I’ve done this before and lost my job. Some employers do not understand mental illness when it really comes down to it

Is there anyone who gets really bad anxiety to the point of being agrophobic?

Hi truetomyself,

So sorry you are feeling this way it must be really difficult……

Is there anyone at home with you now that you can talk to and tell them what you have just told me and ask them to take you to the hospital emergency so you can talk to a doctor…..

please, please don’t give up reach deep inside your self and find something anything to hold onto, find your inner light … trust me it’s there …. Keep fighting….. you CAN recover, your condition is temporary….. the best is yet to come…….

let me know how you go

My parents don't want to take me as I have been many times. I have to have tough love. I have had this for so long. I have no friends. No support. It's hard. I have had to reach down for 16 years so far.

I’m so sorry to hear this truetomyself, i really believe you would benefit from seeing a doctor now….. your symptoms need treatment………

How would you feel about calling a ambulance yourself?

I know it’s really hard but once you see the correct people for treatment the quicker you can start to recover….

we are here for you

please hang in there and seek help even if you have to be brave and do this yourself…. You can, there are people who can help you

I can't call an ambulance. My father would get angry. I don't know what to do anymore.

Have you called the beyond blue helpline? I have, many times. It is good to talk, and they are trained psychology talking peoples.

Good morning truetomyself,

Ok, I understand…..

Maybe try to call beyond blue and have a chat to someone there? I’m sure they could help you….. talking helps……

please know I’m always here if you want to have a chat with me….

let me know how you go

Today the police did a welfare check and then my mum just lectured me. I had a panic attack. She said why can't I get out of bed and clean up, I am lazy and ruining her nerves. I don't know how to make her understand it. I don't know how to make others understand. I am struggling with it all. I am just a burden that is better off gone. I am impacting all around me.

Hi Truetomyself, 

Sorry to hear that you are struggling so much lately, not able to get out of bed, panic attacks, not being understood and needing a welfare check today. It must be so difficult to need support and to have loved ones not understand where you are coming from. We have contacted you privately to offer you support.

We would strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467). 

If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

You are not alone and we are all here to support you.