FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Scared again and dont know where im headed.

Beaser
Community Member

Hi and best wishes to everyone..

Im starting to get very scared again and having panic like attacks.   I just feel so alone at times and this might sound strange but i feel like a kid who just wants to give his mum a hug.  But im 58 i lost my mum at 18 and Dad in 2000 and have  no real family support.   Im currently not working and dont feel i have the energy to start again.  I just do some volunteer work one day a week at a hospital.  Ive never really progressed in life i just seem to have filled in time .   I feel like i have had enough a times.     Best wishes  Brett

15 Replies 15

Fiatlux
Community Member

Hi Brett,

Good to hear from you. Hope your medical issues are going well too.

Today is not great. Yesterday I came down with a terrible cough and flu like symptoms. I read that there are quite a few viruses going around and all are bad. My son was home sick last week and I managed to stay away from him until Saturday.

I woke up to a nice sunny day and as soon as I felt motivated to get out to some gardening, it started raining.

I am not used to getting sick. Prior to contracting COVID in 2021, I rarely had any issues. I certainly have never had flu before and now that I’ve had a virus I certainly know the difference. I never had anything like this flu virus before. 

My son still isn’t back at work today as he still has an awful dry cough. As I work from home, I managed to get through enough work today and I’m about ready for a nap.

Trying very hard not to pass this on to anyone. Have a great week. Fiatlux 🙏🏼

Beaser
Community Member

Hi Fiatlux.

Hope you and your son are going ok after catching the virus.  Certainly plenty around at the moment.   

I had covid for the first time about a month ago.  I was lucky it was very mild and ive had a lot worse colds. 

I was doing my volunteer job yesterday at the hospital and things certainly seem a lot busier up there.

wishing you a Happy Day.         Brett

Happylife
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Fiatlux and Brett,

Hope you both are doing good. 

Take care and get well soon.

Warm Hugs...

Beaser
Community Member

Hi to every one and best wishes,

Been i bit of a tough time the last few days.   I was hacked on my facebook account and found it very stressful and upsetting. I completely lost my page after answering what i thought was a legitimate message from  a friend.  

It was my way of keeping in contact with some family and friends. 

I guess im just fragile with things like this and feel violated .      Sorry but just needed to vent about my feelings  and hope this doesnt sound too silly,     Best wishes to all..      Brett  

Justsad
Community Member

Hi Beaser,

so sorry for the late reply havent logged in for a while. Today is a struggle trying to keep it together. Very lonely existence.

Hope you are ok!

Beaser
Community Member

Nice to hear from you Justsad.

Im sorry about what your going through and i can certainly relate to that feeling. I know with myself that the world events of yesterday have upset me .  I didnt have a very good weekend my footy team was terrible and yesterday was pretty lonely.  

I hope you have a safe and better day  today and i hope you feel ok at some stage to touch base and let me know.  Best wishes Brett.