FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling overwhelmed and need to talk.

Beaser
Community Member

I wish this wasnt the case but things are getting overwhelming for me again . The world just seems a lonely place at the moment. I have friends who i seen on the weekend and i do get relief then. Its when i get back to being by myself that i crash. I have an appt with my psychologist today and had GP appt but he cancelled on me . I have had recent life events that have really made me distraught and lonely the main being a relationship breakup.

Im also unhappy at work and i feel like everything is so grey for me.

I have been a life time sufferer of anxiety and depression and being 56 it has tired me out. Im actually quietly proud of how i have managed to keep going and get as far as i have . Im scared about where i will end up from all this as i dont know where to turn . I have tried all my life to be a good person and think i have been .. I have always helped where i could and been a good citizen.

My family seem to have a history of depression and anxiety but i feel i have copped the worst of it . Ive always been oversensitive and let things affect me. I just want all this anxiety and depression to go away.

I have turned to these forums recently and its been a help to me . My anxiety and depression just gets so tough at times.

Where do i turn too in this place i just want to be happy again and want the same for others. Brett

I

114 Replies 114

Getrich
Community Member

Hey Brett,

I hope things are going well. I find meditation and mindfulness techniques work for me when I spend too much time in the past. Also, I am developing a vision for my future which I really haven't done for... a very long time, if ever. lol

Rich

Beaser
Community Member

Finding things pretty tough and lonely ATM.  Im finding work just so hard i just sometimes really regret leaving my old job and giving everything id worked there up .   I was really struggling there i know and laying awake at night not wanting to go .  I just dont know where to turn too.  Im so lonely and have been texting my ex girlfriend out of loneliness.  I just want to come out the other side of all this. Beaser.

Beaser
Community Member

Its been a really tough week.  I only managed to do 3 days at work when i was rostered for 4.  I feel really bad about it .  Im just so lost and lonely ATM. I feel like ive slipped back from all the progress i had made. I just have no energy or desire to do anything .  Im feeling pretty scared about the future. Im sorry to be on a bit of a downer but i just need to put things into words.  I will take my dogs for a walk at least its something.  Thank you for reading and i wish i was here with good news. I hope every one else is well .  Brett

Beaser
Community Member

Hi i hope everyone is well.      Im doing my best but i am struggling with anxiety and so much loneliness.  I wish i had someone in my life.  I miss my ex girlfriend and wish to reach out . But everything tells me not too . Its hard with no family to turn too.  I just feel so alone in this world. Im off to work today so at least ill be out.   Im sorry to be talking about the same things but i need to reach out at times.     Best wishes Brett.

Not_Batman
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Brett.

reach out as much as you need to. The responses may not come right away, but you can at least get your thoughts out.

I hope things pick up for you.

Not_Batman

Si1enzio
Community Member

Hi Brett, reach out as much as you want buddy. We are all here to help where ever we can. What helps me with my anxiety is to keep myself occupied. Im sorry you have no family to to turn too but maybe you can talk to people at work? You just gotta keep yourself occupied, find things you like doing. You will get through this mate.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Brett, my friend. 

You're doing great! 
Hey can you try an exercise? I saw you wrote you went to work 3 out of 4 rostered days... so instead of feeling bad about the 1 day you didn't go, you can turn this thinking on it's head and be really proud that you went THREE days. 
Well done you! 

I'm so happy to hear that listening to Brene's podcast helped you! Yay! 
I swear I've listened to her stuff on repeat whilst doing the housework etc. She has SO much wisdom to share... it's really up to US to put the results of her research into ACTION. 

I'm concerned with you feeling so low atm and thinking the antidote is a relationship. I've found that when we're feeling low, we attract the wrong type of person and it's ends up awful. 

We can do 3 things that Brene would applaud us for lol. 

Want to start a plan? 
1. Write what we're GRATEFUL for every day. There's a thread here called 3 things to be thankful for, you can write there if you choose? 
2. Self-care. We both need RADICAL self-care Brett. 3 per day lol. 
3. POSITIVE self talk. Have a read of Brene's favourite speech "It's Not the Critic that counts" by Theodore Roosevelt and know how BRAVE you are today and every day. 
Note well: sometimes WE are our worst critics, so changing the way we talk to ourselves ABOUT ourselves needs to be kind and build us UP, not tear us down. 

I think you know that contacting exGF, and her rejecting you, is hurting you. You can read up on the 180 strategy to help there. 

I'm off to post on the Thankful thread! 
Love EM

Beaser
Community Member

Thanks EM    I always appreciate hearing from you and the thought you put into helping myself and others..    Youre right i am in that thought pattern of thinking a relationship is an answer for me and it isnt i guess i really ow that. And again your right reaching out and being even politely rejected is hurting me even more.  I will listen to some Brene Browne today she is excellent.   Im already gratefull for one thing today and that is hearing from you and others on these forums who have genuine care and empathy for other members.   Thanks EM LOVE Brett.

Beaser
Community Member

Ive had a really rough weekend . Im feeling isolated and lonely ..   I was invited to go out with work friends for drinks on Friday i declined.  I just dont feel like going out with people from work and some people dont understand why. Am i just being unsociable and i know i have to make an effort.   Im very lonely at the moment and i reached out with a friendly text to my ex partner yesterday . I know this will dissapoint some of my friends here but i was just hurting with loneliness . Every thing seems so grey at the moment .  I go to bed and just want to forget about things but i feel actuall dread at the moment when i wake to a new day.  Im sorry to be on a downer but im battling at the moment.  I need to reach out . I know there are people battling out there too.  I wish everyone the best possible day.    Brett.

Hi beaser

Sorry to hear of your struggles, l very much relate .

lt might be in here somewhere but l'm wondering how long were you together with the ex, no need to go into that if you'd rather not, just wondering.

l've pretty well broken up with mine too have been very on off 18mths now due to dramas and health problems in her life.Like you though it's also v hard not to at least still just talk a bit when really , especially this last few mths, it does look done bc her situations just gone bad to worse. l know we probably need to either be or not and l don't feel it's doing me any good being in touch as things are now. l'm on my own to now too though and l work from home alone too but l do get out to somewhere most days even if it's just for lunch somewhere or to pick a few things up. l force myself or l'd just be on my own too much otherwise. l also try to get out and do something on wkends, but l do argue with myself about those bc really l'd happily just stay home and do nothing, just feel again that'd just be so bad for me though so l do push it a bit again for my own good.Am Dreading the thought of starting over again now though at this age , around yours , and just wonder wth tbh , to even bother, or what .

Is there any hope with things and your ex or , and how do you feel about still being in touch how's that been effecting you ?

With work invites, you don't feel you fit in with them outside of work or ,,,you just don't feel like going or,,,? Just thinking if you do like the people outside of work maybe a bit of a self nudge to go along next time might end up picking you up.

My stuff works a bit differently to yours and it's weird but l still always at least really look forward to the next morning , waking up , coffee, sunshine too hopefully. Bring addicted to coffee and the morng sun does have it's benefits right , l often wonder if not for those would l even want getting up at all - so maybe they're a blessing.

Hang in there.  rx