FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling overwhelmed and need to talk.

Beaser
Community Member

I wish this wasnt the case but things are getting overwhelming for me again . The world just seems a lonely place at the moment. I have friends who i seen on the weekend and i do get relief then. Its when i get back to being by myself that i crash. I have an appt with my psychologist today and had GP appt but he cancelled on me . I have had recent life events that have really made me distraught and lonely the main being a relationship breakup.

Im also unhappy at work and i feel like everything is so grey for me.

I have been a life time sufferer of anxiety and depression and being 56 it has tired me out. Im actually quietly proud of how i have managed to keep going and get as far as i have . Im scared about where i will end up from all this as i dont know where to turn . I have tried all my life to be a good person and think i have been .. I have always helped where i could and been a good citizen.

My family seem to have a history of depression and anxiety but i feel i have copped the worst of it . Ive always been oversensitive and let things affect me. I just want all this anxiety and depression to go away.

I have turned to these forums recently and its been a help to me . My anxiety and depression just gets so tough at times.

Where do i turn too in this place i just want to be happy again and want the same for others. Brett

I

114 Replies 114

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Brett

I think grief or loss is comprised of a whole collection of mixed emotions, some definitely not so obvious. Grieving the loss of a really positive trigger, such as the football, is completely understandable. I think this is why some people feel the need for both winter and summer sports, so they've got some form of a high all year 'round. There's always something to look forward to, as opposed to trying to manage a break where there can be some sense of emptiness. Perhaps the challenge involves adopting a spring/summer time interest. Perhaps some limbering up of the imagination, some stretching and exercising. Yep, easier said than done in some cases. A blank screen in the imagination can be tough to get past. I tend to look for seers when I'm failing to see what I need to. They're handy people to have in life at times.

We definitely need good guides in so many areas of life. I'm hoping the person who takes you through the induction at the hospital is a brilliant guide. I hope they're someone who puts you at ease, someone who leads you to feel the opportunity as one you're excited to have and I hope they're someone who can recall what it's like to be the new kid on the block. I love people like that, people who remember the challenges that come with being new to the scene. I've worked with beautiful people who remember like it was yesterday, even when they've been in the job for over 10 years, and I've worked with intolerant people who have no sense of recall at all. Can definitely feel who's who, that's for sure.

I think some people find tough challenges relatively easy to manage and some find tough challenges tough, which is why they're called tough challenges. No matter which person we are under the circumstances of tough challenges, we gotta be able to say 'I'm stepping up to one and there are elements of courage in that and that officially makes me courageous, no matter what anyone says'.

Jayj19
Community Member

What are you most passionate about? 

If money and anxiety wasn't an issue.

Beaser
Community Member

Hi Jay and thanks.

I probably have a passion to see people do well. Also to see people bounce back from tough times. 

Im passionate about respect and manners and just being nice to people.

Brett.

Jayj19
Community Member

That's good to hear mate, how do you feel about wanting all that for yourself as well as others?

Beaser
Community Member

Hi Jay.

Yeh i guess i do hope for that for myself. I suppose its not too much to ask. 

Brett