FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Binge eating/anxiety

Jade20
Community Member

TRIGGER

Latley when my boyfriend goes to work in brisbane and I am left home alone I have been constantly eating. I know and understand that I am full but I just want more and more, I really need support with this. I honestly don’t know how to help it, I understand that it may be for comfort but it doesn’t stop me from overeating. I’ve been looking in the mirror latley and I honestly am disgusted with how much weight I have put on. help if you can.

4 Replies 4

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Jade20~

I'd like to welcome you here to the Forum, it is was a good move on your part and as you can look around and you will see others in similar situations.

First off I"m glad to hear you have a boyfriend, it make a huge difference to have someone close. Perhaps it is that very closeness that raises fears as it means so much to you. For it to end would be unthinkable.

Worry of this sort can come out in many ways, and overeating is one frequently used. It dos not really help but you are sort of stuck into doing it. Then you are understandably unhappy with the results. and that make you regard yourself as less than you really are.

Trying to get out if this way of dealing with these things is hard, in fact on your own it may not be possible.  With another problem I could not. Can I suggest you get in contact with the Butterfly Foundation, they are knowledgeable, professional and comforting.

The fact you have come here is an excellent start and I'd be pretty certain you can change how you  react.

Croix

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Jade20~

I'd like to welcome you here to hte Forum, it is was a good move on your part and as you can look around and see others in similar situations.

First off I'm glad to hear you have a boyfriend, it make a huge difference to have someone close. Perhaps it is that very closeness that raises fears as it means so much to you. For it to end would be unthinkable.

Worry of this sort can come out in many ways, and overeating is one frequently used. It dos not really help but you are sort of stuck into doing it. Then yoou are understandably unhappy with the results. and that makes you regard yourself as less than you really are.

I, wiht another problem, could not 'fix' myself and it was only after I got competent medical help that I improved -not I'im a different person

Trying ot get out if this way of dealing with these things is hard, in fact on your own it may not be possible.

May I suggest you get some assistance? A first port of call an be the Butterfly Foundation

Croix

yours_truly
Community Member

Hi Jade20,

Congratulations on getting on this platform and reaching out for some help. It’s not easy and it’s an honourable step in your journey. 

If you take a look around on Beyond Blue you can find services that have professional knowledge and the right tools to help you out. The team on beyond blue are equipped to give you the help you are asking for and more. 

Reaching out for help for those with binge eating disorders can be so difficult and you’ve already taken the steps of acknowledgment and desire to change!! 

Take a look at the resources available,

yours_truly

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are going through this, it must be hard for you. We are here to support you and help you through this. 

Have you considered seeing a doctor or MH professional about this? That may help. As Croix said, the fact you have come here and reached out is amazing. You can continue to momentum and hopefully see someone who is a professional in this area.

I hope that things get better soon,

Jaz xx