FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety medication for Teens

Ali75
Community Member

Hello I was wondering everyone's experience with anxiety medication for teens. My daughter has been on a medication since just after christmas and although I know it cannot take away her anxiety it has not helped at all. She is still stressed and refusing school. My question is, should we return to gp and try a different one? Are some more effective than others? What is everyone's experience with this?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Ali, medication can certainly differ from one person to the next and doctors do have their favorite one they tend to use first of all, so if nothing is helping her then go back to them and have them reviewed, there is nothing wrong in doing this, however they may want her to slowly stop until this one is out of her system, however drying out can create someproblems so ask them about what may happen.

Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 have a free counselling service by phone or online where she can contact them 24/7.

Geoff.

Life Member.