FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Parents Divorce.

Zayalowe
Community Member

My parents are together. They only got married a few years ago, but recently they have been nonstop arguing and yelling at each other. I thought it was just normal fights couples have, but recently I overheard them saying that they can’t be bothered to do couples therapy, I don’t think they will stay together and it’s scary. Most of the time it feels like I cause many of the fights. My sister moved away. She was my only relief from them and now she’s gone and I’m stuck. I can’t go anywhere else. I don’t have friends to stay with. I don’t have any close family or relatives and I don’t know what to do. I can’t focus on school anymore. It feels like I’m always sad but I don’t have the guts to talk to anyone. I don’t want to ask my parents for help because they will just treat it as another waste of money. I don’t know what to do. I live far out of town. I can’t go anywhere. Sorry if I am repeating myself. It feels like whenever I’m at home I’m never happy. It doesn’t even feel like a family anymore and there’s nothing I can do. I feel like everyone’s moving forward and I’m stuck behind. I am scared of what will happen if my parents can’t stay together. 

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello,

It takes immense courage to open up about the struggles you're facing, especially when you feel so alone and stuck. Your parents' constant arguing and unwillingness to seek therapy must be taking a toll on you, and it's understandable that you're scared about the future of your family.

Also, you are not responsible for your parents' actions or their relationship. It's natural to want to make sense of what's happening and find a way to fix it, but the reality is that you can only control your own reactions and behaviors. You deserve to feel safe and supported.

You could consider talking to a counselor at school or seeking out local support groups for teens going through family issues.  Or you could try the Kids helpline. You are not alone in this, and there are people who can help you navigate these difficult emotions.

Finally, I want you to know that your feelings are valid and important. It's okay to feel sad and scared, and it's okay to ask for help. Your struggles do not make you weak or a burden, and you deserve to have your voice heard and your needs met. Listening to you.