FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

am over it all

Ricebubbles3000
Community Member
my whole life I have grown up not knowing my father
fighting with my mother almost every day but she was the only one I had at the age of 8 and a half familys SA took me away from my mum and I lived with my grandparents for a bit and then back to my mums and I was back and forth between my mum and my grandparents till the end of year 8 when I moved in with my mum and her boyfriend about 5 months after my mum ended up in hospital for 3 weeks and I ended up living with one of her friends for about 6 months when she kicked me out I lived with a friend for a month and then moved back in with my mum not coping with the fighting all the time I then ran away and moved in with another family friend. the other family friend had 3 other kids living at home and after about 2 school terms (about 8 months) I couldnt deal with the full house. I then moved into a youth shelter. due to my iceskating I could not make it home before cerfue and got kicked out I spent a month on the street and then moved in with my god parents
they said I have to go to school but as I had been to 7 schools before I said I was okay at going to another high school but I am finding it really hard to to make new friends and settle in. I self harm often due to not being able to cope and I often think of ending my life
I have no one to talk to most of the time :'(
I have not been to the Dr because I am scared of what people will say if I start taking pills or if people find out I am depressed I might get bullied more :'(
thanx for reading my story
1 Reply 1

vip
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Ricebubbles OMG look what you have been through here you poor thing. And i think you have handled it all with great maturity and courage. I went to the GP and psych at age 17 i was put on antidepresants  also. Nobody needs to know that you take this medication that is your business and is personal and whoever you think may bully you they are absolute cowards . Not all of us can deal with issues especially ones so difficult as yours there are 1000's of us on this forum young and old on meds and seek counselling please see your GP ASAP . Im really worried about that self harming that needs to be dealt with ASAP and dont worry i was exactly in your shoes 3 years ago with that so your not alone here at all. Making friends is difficult when you have changed so many schools but you only need 1 so really try to find that special person and know you have made a friend with me on this forum and with other people on this forum who im sure will respond very soon, Take care