FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What if everything was a lie??

4tticus
Community Member

Hey, I have a very serious problem with people. Everyone I meet I feel is beneath me. I can't even drop to their level to socialize because I always speak my mind and they never understand and get offended. I need to believe that their is someone out their who has this same issue, so I am just going to put it all out there. Maybe it will be of use to someone else at some point.

4 Replies 4

4tticus
Community Member

This is exactly my problem. How do I come back from that.

i am a borderline. Meaning I have a mental condition known as borderline personality disorder. I am also on a stupid amount of medication ranging from anti psychotics to heavy hypnotics and sedatives. My mind is constant. I always am searching for logic in life's simplicities. It does not often exist. I also am using other drugs to get to sleep. I am awake for days on end. When I hit the sixth day i go to the hospital and the watch me until I sleep. I am on day 4.

4tticus
Community Member
Lol, they didn't let my post between that in through the moderators. Now I look crazy

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi 4tticus, we couldn't let that post through as it broke our rules around profanity and respect for other members. That last bit is a particularly important when it comes to being part of this community. We're all here to support each other, and mental illness can be tough at times but taking out your frustrations on others is not going to win you friends.

The forums can be pretty busy, and people don't always get replies straightaway. Members often scan through the new posts to see what has been replied to and what hasn't, so if you reply to your own thread then it may get skipped over in the list as it looks like it has already been answered.

I'd suggest having a look through the threads below to give you an idea of how to get the best out of our peer support community, and I hope to see you posting again soon:

3 tips for getting the most out of the forums

Forums etiquette: give support to receive support

Our community intro video is a good guide too:

MargaritaRowe
Community Member

I understand your first post very well. It kills me!

I have become in love with isolation. And if anything is illogical I'll breathe fire at it. This includes one side of my family. They don't understand me at all no matter how composed and straightforward I am about anything, I can not have a conversation with them, so it's heartbreaking.

At least every week when I write, there's something referring to the incessant craziness going on in my mind. Although I, think it's all pretty sane.

I can't write/explain as much as I want to because it might break the rules.

My psych prescribed my anti-psychotics but I didn't take them, and I'm coming off anti-depressants now.

Going to hospital and being watched until you sleep sounds awful. I'm so sorry. Is there nothing anyone can do to help?

Bit of a useless post but I just wanted to say I think I do know how you feel to a high extent.