FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Please Help

hopeless101
Community Member

It's gone on too long. I have done all of the things that are suggested to a person with this illness, and I am still in immeasurable pain. The guilt of not wanting to existing and what it will do to my family and friends is nearly gone. I can't see a reason for waking up tomorrow, and I haven't for over two decades. I have seen my GP over 50 times and am in no better position. GP number I don't even know. Medication number I can't keep track of. I've called triple zero a number of times for desperate help. I've been to hospital. I spent money that I didn't really have, and am still paying off, for a mental health retreat.

This is no ones problem but my own, but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hey hopeless101,

Welcome to our forums. Thank you for taking the brave step of reaching out here. It's not easy to do and we are proud of you for doing so. Please know that you are in a safe, non-judgmental space where you can talk about how you are feeling. We have also reached out to you privately to offer additional support.

We can hear that you are feeling exhausted from having tried many different things to help your situation. Nevertheless, you've asked at the end of your post for community support which shows there is a strong will in you to still try and find a way towards healing. Without knowing the exact nature of your situation we cannot offer specific advice but we strongly encourage you to continue checking in with your GP and let them know how you are feeling and to see if there is anything else out there that will be a better fit for you. Our wonderful community members will also chime in with their insight, many of them have gone through similar experiences.

Please know that there is always support and hope for you. You don't have to do this alone. When feeling overwhelmed, we strongly encourage you to contact Lifeline 13 11 14 any time of day or night or our Support Service at 1300 224 636.

We hope you will continue to check in here to let us know how you are doing, whenever you feel up to it.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi 101...I cant call you hopleless as you arent

It took me weeks to post my own thread in 2016 as I didnt have your confidence. There are many gentle people on the forums that can be here for you 101

These forums are a very safe and non judgmental place for you to post or ask any questions you wish!

you are amazing 101

Im Paul...one of the volunteers on Beyond Blue...and its great to have you as part of the forum family

Guest_4593
Community Member
Ur understood.... i get it but haven't found a way to help myself yet .. but do understand