FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi. BB newbie

Cloud79
Community Member

Hi,

im 41 and have been having a tough time with my husband. He was diagnosed with bipolar a couple of years back. I’ve had my own mental health issues with depression but have been managing quite well for the last year with the help of my gp and a therapist (after my husband pushed me to get help).
I love him but there are times when he makes it so difficult for me too. We have been together for 8 years and have a 3 yr old.
It’s a constant rollercoaster and can be so exhausting. I guess what I’m looking for is help/ advice on managing the bipolar as well as somewhere I can vent once in awhile:) I don’t talk about him or what he’s like with anyone and it’s getting to the point where I feel frustrated all the time cause I’m just holding it all in.

1 Reply 1

amberlite
Community Member
Hi and well done for posting... If you go down ten forums you will find the Supporting family members who care for those with a mental illness!!! I may have gotten the name a bit wrong but It is number 10 down the lists of forums. Good luck and I hope this helps.