FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

MRSme
Community Member
Hi, I've been a member of beyond blue for quiet a while, however today is my first post because I decided to bite the bullet and join the forums.

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety 3 years ago and OCD about 6 months ago. I have come a long way in that time but I have felt myself spiralling in the last few weeks hence my decision to post. I feel I needed to have a chat but don't want to burden those around me when I've been going so well lately. My main support network all have a lot going on right now, from work related stress to an overseas trip aproaching quickly, and I know they won't mind but I can't do it to them knowing what their busy lives are like at the moment.
2 Replies 2

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi MRSme

Congratulations on hitting the post button and welcome to the forum.

My daughter has OCD and anxiety and I have been caring for her for 8 years now. From our experience, the "two steps forward, one step back" phenomenon is not unusual. Spiralling also happens. It's terribly frustrating and unfair, I know.

But it will pass. It always does. Use everything you have learned and the tecniques that work for you.

I suggest reducing current life pressures (eg take some time out of work or ignore the pile of laundry that needs folding or ask for a deadline extension) and using your relaxation techniques. Add in some exercise, healthy food and rest.

It might also help to make an extra appointment or two to see your treating practitioner, to help get you through this rough patch. You may be able to identify a trigger that will help you manage better in the future.

Most of all, don't give up. You keep ploughing on and if you want to talk some more I'm here.

Kind thoughts to you

Thank you.