FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to BB

melbgirl22
Community Member

Hi everyone

i just wanted to introduce myself and give you a bit of my background in case there are others out there in the same situation. I am 28, I currently take medication for depressive symptoms. I have been ‘sad’ from the start of my teenage years and moved to Australia from NZ when I was 19 for a fresh start. Very grateful to be in Aus and for the kindness and support that I have received. I am very ambitious and have a good job but emotionally I am in a little bit of a rut. ‘Paralysis by overanalysis’ encapsulates what I’m going through. I have reclused from social situations and doubt myself a lot. I see a psychologist once a week and get to the gym most days. Mind and body hand in hand is very important to tackle this thing. I don’t believe that my life will always be this heavily impacted and I think practicing gratitude and positive affirmations is important.

There’s a lot more to say and I welcome any messages so we can work through this thing together!! Would be great to get chatting. Thanks, Chantelle

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi , welcome

Dwelling on things is not a good thing but can be uncontrollable. I picked up the habit from my mother who was chronic with the issue but didnt have the insight.

You might like to read the first post of these threads use google

Beyondblue Topic who cries over spilt milk

Beyondblue Topic worry worry worry

Beyondblue Topic guilt the tormentor

I hope you enjoy them. Repost anytime here or on those threads

TonyWK

Thereisalight
Community Member
Hello I've just gone here for th first time too. You sound like you are doing a good job of keeping fit and keeping up with work well done. I'm beginning to suspect I have chronic fatigue syndrome, I thought it was burn out from a job but I finished that job over 14 months ago now. Anyway I understand about withdrawing from social activities. I have just recently pushed myself forward to get out of hibination and am very pleased I have. Have a good day and keep up the reaching out on here 😊