FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Loss of identity, independence and withdrawn

Chunty
Community Member
Hi lovely people. I am experiencing the above title. Im wondering if this is a common feeling. I have chosen to withdraw from outsides,as it is my way of survival. Would like some thoughts and views of others who feel the same way I do. Take care lovely beings. Chunty
67 Replies 67

Chunty
Community Member
Hi all you lovely beings who have communicated with me. I was looking thru the posts and it hit me hard on what caring wonderful people you all are. I'm Ok ,I've resigned to the fact that I've only got my friend and carer who is looking after me. I'm grateful to him, as I would have ended up in a nursing home which I'm terrified of and my Darling Cat Merryweather who is my pride and joy. Since I've been back on the medication, I've been calmer and coping as best as I can. I realize and accept the fact that since I've been sick ,friends have disappeared and my family have never been supportive of me. It doesn't worry me anymore as I have got Jesus in my life. I have faith and trust Hevwill look after me and my 2companions. I have raved on slot. I would love to hear from you,, that is if you want to. Take care Dear people and may God Bless You ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ™ You Allxx

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chunty,

Thank you so much for your kind words ๐Ÿ˜Š

Im glad that your friend and carer are looking after you and your beautiful cat.

Im glad your medication has helped you it must feed good to be calmer.

Im sorry that some of your friends have disappeared since you have been sick. I understand that this would have been hard to accept, but Iโ€™m so glad that you have Jesus in your life ๐Ÿ™

I guess we realise who are true friends are in our lifeโ€™s..

Please chat to us anytime Chuntyโ€ฆโ€ฆ I enjoy our little chats, in life I enjoy making someone elseโ€™s day just for them to realise that there are caring loving people out there โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™

Chunty
Community Member
Hello Petal22 How are you?,I'm very happy to get your messages. It's so nice to get a response. No one else relays tome and I wonder if I've said something wrong. I do enjoy our little chats. You are a very thoughtful person and I appreciate it a lot.I'm waiting for my friend to come give me my medication and put me to bed. I got a lot of pain at the moment and will be glad to go to bed. I'm say goodnight and may God Bless You Dear Petal. You are one car ring Lady. Chunty

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chunty

I'm so glad the medication's made some positive difference to you. Pain is such a terrible mind altering thing at times. To have your faith is so important. It can help with perspective. Actually, many years ago I used to carry around a key ring with the letters 'WWJD?', a reminder of not 'What would I do?' in this situation but 'What Would Jesus Do?'.

Fair weather friends can be such a challenge, disappearing when things get too stormy or too difficult. People who don't have the ability to face a challenge with us are questionable. Cats are definitely a whole other story. Can recall having a cat some years ago who, for me, was a life saver. It's like she just knew when I was having a deeply depressing day. She'd show up and just love me. There's something incredibly special about animals.

Was talking to my daughter just the other day about a cat who tends to hang around our house a lot, pretty much full time. We found out she lives just down the road and only returns home for food. We discovered she first felt put out when her carers brought a kitten and a puppy into their household. She came to us kind of like a miracle. Last year, with my daughter beginning to struggle through VCE and lockdowns here in Melbourne, she wished for a cat and within that week this cat showed up. Personally, I wished we didn't have the expense of a cat. Due to complications with the previous 2 cats, combined we'd spent over $7000 on them. I got my wish too. What is even more amazing is this cat is the spitting image of the one I'd loved so much, a cat of quite a unique appearance.

I love miracles Chunty. I see them everywhere, in just about everything. While some people mock me a little while saying 'You look into stuff too much, seeing miracles in just about everything', I say 'Is there a problem with that?'. In my opinion, no problem at at all. How can we find the magic in life if we're not looking for it?

๐Ÿ™‚

Chunty
Community Member
Hi Petal 22 Just a short note to see if you are alright. I was happy to hear from one of the other members, but I will get back to her as I have to go to the doctor as I have got a boil. Well do take care of yourself Petal and heres hoping you are ok. I do miss not hearing from you as I enjoy our little chats. Chunty๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chunty,

Thanks for checking in with me ๐Ÿ˜Š Iโ€™m good ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope that your doctors appointment goes well.

How have you been? I hope your cat merryweather is also doing wellโ€ฆ. Great name for your cat love it ๐Ÿฅฐ

Chunty
Community Member
Hello Petal, Glad to hear your ok. I tend to worry and think of he worst sometimes. The doctor has put me on ant biotics for 10 days for my boil. He can,t help me with my breathing as my respitory muscles are slowly getting weaker and there is no cure. Never mind. I leave my life in God,s hands. No use worrying about it. Im enjoying the warmer weather, better than shivering. Merryweather sleeps all day and plays up at niight, running around and scratching. Am sure happy to hear from you and keep well. God Bless You. Chunty๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น

Chunty
Community Member
Hello Therising. Am so happy to hear from you. I believe in miracles too. When something nice happens, or when you get help from someone,that is a miracle. I think its far better to be a person with depth than one who is materlistic and shallow. I found that not only did the medicstion help, but that it is the work of the Holy Spirit in you. Yes I have been alot calmer, my only frustration is that I cant do things myself and get impatient. I just pray and trust Jesus that I dont end up in a nursing home. I have faith that I wont. Yes I love cats very much. They are very sensitive animals and they can sense when something is not right. My darling Merryweather is naughty,sleeps during the day and plays up at night. Yes vet bills can be expensive and I believe you when you say you spent $7,000. Its amazing how the pussycat comes to your doorstep. Are you still working in aged care? Do you get depressed sometimes. I know the workload is heavy. My Aunty was put in a nursing home by her daughter and in a few short months she has gone downhill. That happened to my mother too as my brother refused to help look after her. I would have looked after her but I got sick myself. You can understand why I hate nursing homes. I admire you working in one. I guess someone got to do it. You being intuitive, must pick up alot of what happens.Ive raved on alot. Im really pleased to hear from you. Its nice getting little messages. Do take care and thank you for your most wecome message. God Bless๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿค—

Chunty
Community Member
Heloo Therising, I was browsing thru other threads and post and I felt I should commend you on your versality and knowledge. You are a very deep and insightful individual, allways willing to help others in need. Did you study at uni or studied psychology as your posts come acrosss as very intellectual and make alot of sense. You come across as a very kind giving person, willkng to help and analyze other people,s difficulties and situations. I do admire your initiative. Good on you. I wish I have the motivation, knowledge and insight that you posess. You are indeed a valued contributer to the community. Chunty

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chunty

You are so incredibly kind, thank you for your thoughtful message ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, I still work in aged care. I actually started where I'm at now just over 3 years ago after experiencing quite a number of years out of the workforce, in order to work in raising my kids and help my mum. I work in the kitchen there. I actually worked in aged care in my 20s as well (I'm now 51). I love being a part of an industry where both the staff and residents are thoughtful and caring. I much prefer serving conscious and considerate people rather than serving a percentage of the public that I know will trigger me in a number of ways.

I suppose I developed my 'I just have to know' or my wonder attitude when I first came out of 15 or so years in depression, around the age of 35. I wonder how my brain works, how my body works and how I work on a soulful level. I wonder how other people naturally work too. I wonder about what leads things to go so wrong at times for myself and others. I suppose what I've come to learn so far is partly through having developed the curiosity of a child. I've had a few people suggest to me the route of psychology. I suppose I don't pursue it partly based on my lack of stamina when it comes to the study and commitment it would take. You never know, maybe I'll feel passionately driven to take it up in the future. I'll keep an open mind.

I've come to observe over the years how prone sensitive/deeply feeling people are to mental health challenges. If we're sensitive enough to feel our thoughts, to feel our lack of direction, to feel the pain of others, to feel our triggers, to feel the depressing/degrading or stressful nature of others and feel their words or their actions and even their inaction in some cases, etc then I believe our challenges can be great at times. For some years I wondered why I occasionally felt myself returning to depression, it was confirmation through a spiritual coach I know which provided clarity on this. I can recall saying to her something along the lines of 'Every time I can sense myself entering into what feels like a depression, is this me feeling myself in a challenge I need to master?' She smiled and nodded in acknowledgement. So, these days it's become a matter of 'What is the challenge I'm feeling?', instead of asking 'Why am I becoming depressed?' Some challenges hold some undeniably sad elements. I believe it's in the nature of a sensitive person to grieve over certain things, in order to gradually move forward.