FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi everyone,

ToKiri
Community Member
It is the first time that I have posted in any forum. I am a refugee, and English is not my first language. I want to vent as I have been feeling sad lately. I have self-doubts. I think I am a shadow of my previous self. I do not have friends, and I am always exhausted. I am old, and I think a group of young fellow students is bullying me. I feel so stupid even to write it down. I hope tomorrow I feel better, and I hope whoever reads this has a nice night.
3 Replies 3

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear ToKiri~

I'd like to welcome you here to the Forum. It is a friendly place - quite safe from all unkindness. It is also a good place to vent -which is natural, it is a basic human need. I hope when we talk you will feel a bit better.

Although I do not know of the difficulties you have faced in the past I'm not surprised there are times when you feel sad, and have self-doubts. After all you have left your home, come to a completely strange country where your own language is not spoken. Just changing languages is a huge struggle and changing to a new society a bigger one.

It is very easy to judge yourself by what you may have been in the past, however now these changes, and maybe loneliness and feeling out of place too, are things that will weight the spirit down.

Just reading you words I can see your English is excellent and also that you are studying. Both great things. I'm sorry younger peole are treating you badly, being bullied is a very hard thing to deal with. One can feel almost powerless and for some reason that makes one feel bad about oneself.

It is of course the bullies who are at fault. Is there any action you can take about this?

Do you have anyone in your life you can trust to talk with? Someone who will show they care? Maybe family -or are they too far away? Dealing with everything alone is extra hard.

You sound a lovely, considerate and capable person and I hope we can talk again

Croix

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello ToKiri, I agree with Croix, your english is very good.

If you'd like to tell us a little more, especially about the bullying, we'd be very happy to help you as it's certainly not the best position for you to be in.

Everyone is welcome on the forums, so hope you can get back to us.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi ToKiri,

Wellcome to our forums.

I agree with Croix and Geoff your english is very good.

Im sorry you are feeling sad I understand this is difficult.

“You are only as old as the person you feel…….. “ a number doesn’t mean anything.

Im sorry that some young students are bullying you I understand this can feel disheartening.

Please try to understand that this is a reflection of the bullies and not you.

Im sure you could teach those young ones a thing or two if they allowed themselves to not judge you but instead try to understand you.

Can I ask what you have self doubts about?

You really should be proud of yourself and how far you have come…….. moving to a new country would be difficult and it would take great strength.

Please come back to us when you are ready.