FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi

Marama
Community Member
My name is Marama i have a 19 yr old daughter with ptsd hoping to connect with other like minded parents.
2 Replies 2

Emmen
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Marama,

Welcome to the forums.

I hope you are taking care of yourself. Caring for a child with PTSD is a challenging task and it's important not to forget your own wellbeing in this. While I am not a like-minded parent, I'm sure there are others on our forums who may wish to connect with you.

In the meantime, perhaps you could check out the Carer Gateway run by the Australian Government (https://www.carergateway.gov.au/). It can provide you with tips and support when caring for your daughter, especially if you're looking for more information on what you can do.

Take care,
M

AlwaysForgotten
Community Member

Hi Marama,

Welcome to the forums. My wife has PTSD so I can understand some of what you are going through. Obviously the husband/wife dynamic is very different to mother/daughter and I can imagine it would bring its own fair share of unique struggles.

I hope you can find others who are in a similar situation to you to connect with.