FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Work situation

Keira2
Community Member

Hi,

I have been posting about my work situation. I have much more work than I can get through, and work up to 16 hours a day. I am exhausted. Had a helper at one stage but I was still in the same situation of having way too much work and I got annoyed at her work ethics and reacted to that, and it made the treatment I get at work much worse, I can tell people hate me. I am working the really long hours to try my best not to get fired, but the workload and hours I am doing make me want to die to get out of the torture. I have spoken to many people at work about the workload and will eventually get a small amount of help, but I don't think it is going to be much help and I don't think my situation is going to change. I have recently bought a house on my own and have a mortgage. Whilst I would like to change jobs and get myself out of this situation, I can't do it. I will never be able to find another job that will pay well enough to be able to keep my house, and all throughout my life, I just struggle to support myself. I am stupid and people hate me. It is very difficult for me to get a job and keep a roof over my head. I think I am in a lot of trouble and if I do choose to live through this, I may be facing homelessness and all kinds of horrible things. I have started making a plan to end it for a few weeks away as I don't want to live like this. If I could support myself everything would be fine, but I can't, I am stupid and unlikeable. I am still putting in some attempt to try to get through this, I have just registered online with am employment agency for people with a disability, and have started to look into franchises, although I don't think I would be able to get a franchise for quite some time as in August I had a first seizure and am now not allowed to drive until Feb next year.

No one change my situation or make things better, but can I please have some virtual hugs?

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M

Hey Keira2,

Thank you for reaching out and keeping our community updated on how you've been feeling. It was very brave of you to do so and we are so sorry to hear how much you are struggling right now with your workload. It sounds like these thoughts must be really overwhelming, but please know that you are not alone and there will be others here in the community who can relate to what you're going through. Our Support Service are also currently reaching out to you via email as we are worried about you.

We hope you know that there is always help available to you. Can we ask if you are you currently receiving mental health support? If not, we would really urge that you do seek professional support to help you work through these thoughts that you're experiencing. If you are not sure of how to access mental health support, our Beyond Blue Support Service is here to help you anytime on 1300 22 4636 or get in touch with us on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST here: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport 

We would also really encourage you to get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467) whenever these feelings are becoming too much to cope with.

Hopefully a few of our wonderful community members will pop by soon to offer some words of support and advice. If you would like to post further, please feel free to tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best help support you through this.

Keira2
Community Member

Hi Sophie,

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm not receiving mental health support, as I don't think it would be possible with my workload. I pretty much work constantly (though breakdowns are happening a lot now). I didn't work today and tried to get through some of the other things I need to get to (ended up sleeping a large part of the day, exhausted), but plan on working from home all day tomorrow as I am so far behind at work. Living like this, it really makes it impossible to look after your mental or physical health.

tranzcrybe
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Kiera,

Welcome to the bb forums. You have an incredible workload and I feel for your personal battle to cope. The multiplier for your mental health appears to be the work environment where your colleagues aren't carrying their weight.

Are you okay with managing small teams and delegating tasks? It takes more work to plan, but can pay dividends for coping (may reduce the 'frazzle' a little also).

Try not to be your own enemy as well - you are smart and likeable and sound like you know what you want in life. I tend to believe that work is work and life is life - in work, I do what I need to get the job done, and then I leave that at the door when I get home to me again. I am more than my job.

Please find multiple hugs as requested, and be kind to yourself.

Regards,

t.