FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Self Harm and Disassociation

Robyn-
Community Member

I am in a no win situation. I dont want to live like this anymore but i am too much of a coward to die.

Something has to change. I cant do this much longer. How can i talk to my family about this when they all have their own stuff to deal with? I cant put this on them.

Too stupid to use technology, too old and fat and broken to love again, too tired to live, too cowardly to die.

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Welcome Robyn, Thanks for reaching out to this community this afternoon. We understand it can be hard to reach out when you're feeling so low, so we are really grateful you decided to reach out. We're so sorry to hear that you have been self harming. We understand that you must be feeling quite distressed. Is there something that has helped you to curb self harm behaviour in the past? Please know that you're not alone and there will be members of this community who relate to what you are describing. We are reaching out ot you privately via email to check in with you and offer some extra support.

Can we ask if you are you currently receiving mental health support, or have you in the past? If not, we would urge that you do seek professional support to help you work through these urges that you're experiencing. If you are not sure of how to access mental health support, please contact the Beyond Blue Support Service anytime on 1300 22 4636 or get in touch with us on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST here: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport
One of the friendly counsellors can offer you some support but also provide you with advice and referrals for seeing a counsellor in a more ongoing way.

We understand it can be really hard to ask for help from loved ones, but we would urge that you do. If you need some tips on how to have this kind of conversation, you might be interested in taking a look at our page “Talk about it"” - https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/have-the-conversation/talk-about-it

You may also find some tips on managing self harm urges on our page "Self harm and self injury" -  https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/suicide-prevention/feeling-suicidal/self-harm-and-self-injur...

Many of our members will understand and may be able to help. If you would like to post further, please tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best help support you to create the change you are seeking.

Mumma_Ky
Community Member

Hi Robyn-,

i have no idea what you’re going through, but you must be incredibly strong to be hanging in there and reaching out for help. All you need to do at the moment is to remember to breathe, try to be kind to yourself and follow up on the great advice youve been given by Sophie_M.

I wish you all the best.