FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

No one cares, no one to tell

Stacey92
Community Member
I’m so confused and don’t know how to feel, I thought at almost 30 I would have beaten this illness.
I noticed feeling worse and worse over the last couple of weeks, finally got the courage up to tell my partner. He seemed understanding and I felt better letting it out.
we had a bad argument today and he mocked and made fun of me, and saying things like it’s all about me, and I’m sad all the time. Even called my family and ranted to them.
I wish I could show them how I feel. I have never felt soo ashamed and more like disappearing. We fight soo badly, it gets so intense. I’m pregnant, and have 3 kids, I feel even more ashamed at these factors. I just wish I could make all the shit stuff go away!
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hey Stacey92, 

Thanks for joining us here on the Beyond Blue forums,

It was very brave of you to share your mental health struggles with your partner. We're so sorry to hear he choose to mock and share this private conversation with your family. We can imagine how you must feel very hurt and lost. Please know that we are all here to support you, so please let us know how we can best support you through this upsetting time.  Can we ask if you are receiving mental health support? Please do feel free to contact the Beyond Blue Support Service anytime on 1300 22 4636 or get in touch with us on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST here: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport. One of the friendly counsellors can offer you some support but also provide you with advice and referrals for seeing a counsellor in a more ongoing way if this is something you feel would be beneficial.

We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).
Please check in and let us know how you are whenever you feel up to it.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Stacey92 ànd welcome to the forums and making your first post.You will find this a caring non judgemental environment.
That was brave of you to tell your partner about how you are struggling with your mental health.I am sorry that he made fun of you and put you down.That is unaceptable.Yoy have done nothing wrong and you should never to be treated like that.You have three kids plus one to come to think of and they need two supportive parents.Your partner should be supporting you and lifting you up and not putting you down.
Take care,
Mark