FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help

Meg1977
Community Member
hi lovely people
My first post was about dealing with my own anxiety and that of my sons
Which im happy to report seems to be abit better. I also mentioned that id started
Medication myself which is what im needing support with and this is personal
So i apoligise if its not allowed i tried to be physical with my hubby since taking
Medication and i felt absolutely nothing nada zilch it made me feel 10x worse
Hubby said it didnt matter but it did to me ive only been on tablets for 2 wks
And am considering stopping for this reason i know it might not seem logical
But i want that closeness to my hubby
Thoughts?
2 Replies 2

Yana8216
Community Member

Hi Meg

From what I've read this is a common side effect of anti anxiety medication and one I've experienced myself.
I found it helpful to focus my mind on aspects of intimacy such as the sensation of skin on skin, the closeness & warmth of another human body against mine and the emotional connection that intimacy brings. I found side effects of my medication eased a little after I had been on the medication for a few months. I have continued with the same medication for 10+ years and found it very helpful. My dosage has changed to suit stress levels, and getting dosage right (with doctor approval) can help with side effects including this one.

Glad you posted, this is a problem I think many of us have and your post will help 🙂

Yana

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Meg1977,

As Yana said medications can have different effects on different people. I would suggest that you make a note of how they make you feel etc so the next time you chat with your GP (or psychiatrist?) you can let them know so there is a possibility you can change medications. My psychiatrist always chats with me about to see how the medication is going in case any changes are needed.

Tim