FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Relationship making me depressed

Monicamon
Community Member

Hello,

ive just come out of a 7 year relationship it was a hard break up… I met someone new who is still in love with his ex and behind my back trying to get his ex back… I confronted him and he said that he stopped talking to her but as it turns out he is still talking to her. I'm devastated… but he just manipulates me into believing that im doing something wrong. It is messing with my mental health… I feel like I'm drowning

2 Replies 2

Zeal
Community Member

Hi Monica,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear about the recent break-up and dishonesty from this guy. Try to spend as much time with family and close friends as you can right now. If you need to talk to someone understanding, you can call beyond blue's 24/7 helpline on 1300 22 4636. Seeing a counsellor is also an option. A close friend of mine saw a counsellor years ago after a difficult break-up, which seemed to help her 🙂

Feel free to post back 🙂

Best wishes,

SM

Beachhut
Community Member

Hi Monica,

Sorry about what happened you , you are beautiful. they don't deserve you. Have a high standard girl , you will find a nice gentleman who treat you right, you will smile and fall in love again.

- Talk to talk hot line - wire.com

- Say confidently to yourself daily : you are gorgeous! give out hugs and complements.

- Learn relationship skills. when you have a high standard, men respect you more..

- Have faith , you deserve better!