FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to BB

Gpop
Community Member

Hi everyone my name is Al,

I am new to this and not too sure where to begin or to express what I am feeling atm. So do I just poor everything out on this forum, as to what has transpired over the last 14 months since finishing my FIFO job. I can’t keep everything bottled up anymore, need to let it out, I am afraid my mental state is not where it should be. Help

25 Replies 25

Gpop
Community Member

Good evening group,

well I just had an interesting discussion with the SO, I mentioned to the SO’s about her 40 odd year old son if he took the dinghy off his vehicle, the so said he would have so I mentioned that he wasn’t always in a hurry to do stuff, so the so retaliated and said that I should watch what I was saying, I asked what did she mean and she said that was the pot calling the kettle black, what? I have earns my retirement. Then I said this isn’t working is it, she said what and I said etween us, she replied probably not, not much wS said after that I have left her to contemplate what has been said and see what the conversation is like tomorrow.

Regards

Gpop

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Good morning Gpop

Just wishing you a Happy New Year and all the possible best for 2019

Thankyou for being a part of the Beyond Blue forums too!

My kind thoughts

Paul

Gpop
Community Member

Thanks for that Paul, Happy New Year to you as well, may it be a good one.

regards

Gpop

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Gpop

How did your conversation go the other day?

I really hope you are having even some peace

We are here Gpop

Paul

Gpop
Community Member

Hi Paul,

thanks for that, not much hasn’t been said since we spoke, by either of us and nothing more about our conversation. We speak but nothing meaningful, mainly pleasantries and limited small talk, not a good atmosphere in the house, it’s not easy to say goodbye after 17 years and I think that’s part of what’s stressing me out as well, it’s not going to easy, but I am pretty sure I have made my decision to part ompany and start to live for me. Just need to pick the right moment I suppose.

anyway Paul, must close but thank you for listening

regards Gpop

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Al

no worries at all....and thankyou for posting back too!

Since there is no such thing as a dumb question on the forums (seriously) can I ask if you are missing the FIFO role you have been involved in?

Out of respect, I have had chronic anxiety since 1983 when I was 23 which was followed by depression....Even now after all therapy life can sometimes be exhausting Al. I still take meds since 1996

Hope you are doing reasonably ok.....you are not alone Al

my kind thoughts for you

Paul

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Al~

Having made the decision will in some ways make things easier I guess. Do you have anyone to help with the move and give some social contact after? Once the hassles of going somewhere else are sorted I'd imagine it might seem a little quiet (or peaceful)

Do you have any plans about how you will spend your time?

Croix

Gpop
Community Member

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your kind words. To answer your question, and I never thought I would say this but yes I do miss the fifo work purely because I loved what I was doing and having that interaction with everyone is what I miss the most. I have even thought of applying for a similar role in the Pilbara so I can be closer to my family, we shall see how that goes.

i am always at peace when I am alone in my van, I relax as soon as I step foot in it (even when it’s parked up at home, lol)

out of the blue the other day the other half suggested I visit my family in the Pilbara, told her I was intending to do that anyway, but sine then she has asked me a few times when I am going and I just reply when I am ready, not too sure why she has asked me that question more than once?? Oh well minor detail, will be good to get away.

thanks again for the kind words Paul, take care and be safe.

regards

Gpop

Gpop
Community Member

Good afternoon fellow BB Members,

Just an update on events, I was planning to head north in my RV, but a couple of weeks ago the SO said why don’t I take the van and go up and see my children, told her I was planning to do that anyway, then she tried to talk me out of taking the van and fly up, I said no I need to do this. So on Wednesday I headed off on my journey.

On the Thursday she rings me up and told me that she has closed her bank acts, taken what little money I had in my acct and made a cash advance on my credit card (which she had authority to do, silly me) and then she proceeded to want me to withdraw a 100 k out of my super so that she could eventually top up our term deposit to $200k. I mulled over it all that night and declined her proposal.m

the next day she replies to my email and tells me that she has closed off the term deposit and that she wants to call it a day after 18 years, I knew it was going to happen, but I thought I was going to be doing that, oh well it done but what is gnawing at me is what she wants, she wants the house, the money in the term deposit, plus the money that she took ($61k) plus some more money that she has requested of me, not putting me in a good frame of mind, not knowing what to do next, have closed acts etc so that she can’t take anymore, but unless I agree to her demands she is going to get rid of all my personal stuff that I left behind, I must have had some idea because I had already taken some personal item with me. There is one consultation and that is I have 30 days to put a freeze on the term deposit which will be happening on Monday. Now I am in my van, with knowing I have no house to go back to. You know even though I wanted this, it’s hurting me inside. Thank you for listening

Regards

Gpop

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Al

I am so sorry.....this is really awful...you mentioned that your partner took $61K and demanding more?

I hope that this doesnt sound silly Al but...the balance (all) of your personal possessions are a no go zone....

You are not silly in any way....(re the credit card withdrawals) You are a trusting person Al....not a silly one at all

Can I ask if she is open to any form of discussion at all?

you must be going through some very serious pain & anguish Al

my kind thoughts and respect

Paul