FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My partner doesn't have long to live

Homer1071
Community Member
My partner has lung and heart disease,has been given days if not months to live we have a 23 year old son together and I have so many emotions going through my head I have angry outbursts at people and frustration is peaking off the chart
41 Replies 41

Hello Homer, I understand how she feels but you could say to her that it's completely anonymous and no one knows who you are, where you live and that other people may also be suffering from exactly the same and if so you're only trying to find out how they coped and that's why usernames are used.

Geoff.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Homer,

I hope you are reading this. Even though you might not be posting, just try to remember, there are people out here, people who've been following your thread, & care & send you our heart-felt best wishes, & support as you can imagine. My only regret is in not being able to do more.

& I hope you can talk to your partner & are able to explain about how anonymous this forum is, & how it has helped you through these past weeks.

If you feel calling BB's own phone counselling service, on: 1300 22 46 36. Those discussions don't end up on any public forum. & can be anonymous, too, just say so.

My warmest regards,

mmMekitty

Hi Homer,

Im sorry to hear this but I do understand.

We are here, if you change your mind.

Homer1071
Community Member
After a long discussion with my partner she has agreed that I need a place that I can vent and ask for advice I told her that there are people who are or have been going through the same or similar situation and that all posts are anonymous

Hello Homer, that's so pleasing to know and hope to hear back from you whenever you're available.

Geoff.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Homer,

That's great. I am very glad you & your partner were able to talk & reach an understanding about how BB forums can support you.

I'll be watching for your posts. 😸

Warm regards, to you & your partner.

mmMekitty

Homer1071
Community Member
I haven't been on for a while my partner has been through so much unfortunately on 28/06/2022 my partner passed away in hospital with me by her side till the end

Hello Homer,

We are saddened to hear your loss, though I know both you and many members of the forums have been bracing for it for a while. 
It is said that watching someone you love go through palative care is grieving twice, and for many of us grieving once is more than enough to endure. Please always remember that the whole communityy is here for you. 

Take as much time as you need, and we will keep an eye out for you here. If you need anything at all remember that you can reach out anytime, 24/7 on the webchat link above or on 1300 22 4636. 

Please also consider reaching out to our friends at Griefline on 1300 845 745, They are really amazing and wonderful.

For now, we have no doubt that the focus will be family and friends. We are here when you are ready to reach out again.

Slow and steady, Homer. 

Sophie M.

Hi Homer,

Im so sorry to hear this sad news.

Please know we are here as a community to support you.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Homer,

My deepest sympathies to you & your son. You have been through so much, & still there will be more, so, know that we will be here for you, whenever you want to talk.

Take care, dear Homer, & your son - take care of each other.

Thinking of you, in this time of your grief.

My warmest regards,

mmMekitty