FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Do not know what to do next

dawes
Community Member
My husband of 24 years is suffering from depression.  He has been seeing a councilor which is good.  Unfortunately he has always had an issue with my only daughter and I think feeling is mutual.  Talk about being torn.  Well it all came to a head at Christmas something was said and I confronted him but instead of being my normal calm self I snapped at him.  Well he walked out spent a night at a Motel. He did come home but would not talk to my daughter & her husband.  When they left he moved into spare room and told me to consider him a boarder.  He said he didn't love me anymore & I did apologize for the way I reacted and told him that I still love him.  Well he has been intimate with me so I am so confused.  He went to councilor again today and he said he still didn't love me & Councilor advised him to stop being intimate with me as it is no good to him or myself.  What the hell can I do? 
35 Replies 35

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Dawes

Appreciate the update (sorry.....) Thankyou and duly noted too. I was as vacant as an empty block of land..whoops.

I do hope everything goes well for you Dawes..An out of court settlement is a bonus....After spending nearly 7 years in court I did get to see my daughter but I also received depression afterwards...There are never any winners. My intentions were in my daughters best interests..however the price (not just monetary) has been very high...

You have done very well on this Dawes and I would Love to have a cuppa with you when I have mine in southern vic

Well done Dawes

Paul

dawes
Community Member

Paul,  Thanks for the reply Have a cuppa at 5pm today & I will have mine.

I am so sorry for what you have been/going through.  So hard when children are involved and as you say there are never any winners. 7 years is such a long time.  

Will be thinking of you & Pipsy at 5pm today ☺

Thanks Paul

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Good Morning Dawes

Thankyou for your understanding and kind words.

I thought I would see how you are traveling. I hope you are having some peace

Kind Thoughts for You

Paul

dawes
Community Member

Paul & Pipsy

Well I know it has been quite some time since last post, I was going to contact you guys a few times during my ordeal but have hung in there and finally able to say it is all finished and over with.

So many things have happened, but happy to say that Mum and I are now over the hump now that he is gone. Everyone says I can now get on with my life. Just wonder sometimes 'What Life'. Guess it is normal to feel a bit down. Guess I am lucky though that so far have been able to deal with this mentally without cracking too much.

I want to thankyou both again for the support you have given me.

Carolyn

pipsy
Community Member

Hi dawes's. Nice to hear from you again. So sorry you've had to endure so much. I understand that feeling of 'let down'. You invested your life into a marriage for all the right reasons. Your hubby turned the knife as soon as the going got a bit rough. Then the knife got twisted more. I would be extremely surprised if you weren't feeling slightly vengeful actually. Okay, picking up the pieces, how to? I would suggest some 'take care of me' time. Maybe a bit of a holiday somewhere just you, daughter, mum. Or perhaps a 'girl's night', with movies, chocolate, music. Something where you could relax, enjoy your daughter and your mum without hubby frowning.

Lynda

dawes
Community Member

Pipsy,

Firstly, I hope you are well and happy.

You always seem to hit the nail on the head. I am actually feeling a little vengeful, but hope that my faith in Karma is well founded. It is the only thing stopping me from telling his new women about something he has done to her that was totally disrespectful and should is totally unaware of. But keep telling myself Karma Karma!!

Yes I am going to get some me time soon. My brother and I had already booked a trip overseas last year and am still going at end of July. My beautiful daughter will be coming to take care of my wonderful Mum while we are away.

Carolyn