Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Am I feeling Post-Traumatic Anxiety?????

Community Member
After having a relationship for over 4 years, it was very traumatic. I went from feeling a happy all the time person to someone who is so negative about everything. Being unable to connect with family and friends, constantly overthinking my past and being upset all the time. Stressing over a lot of things. Feeling isolated sometimes from friend discussions. Feel as though I can’t connet with anyone. I could sit on my own and instantly feel sad. I let things get to me a lot. I have done a lot of research on here, I haven’t seen a doctor yet but I’m needing some advice first.
2 Replies 2

Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello ALil and welcome to the Beyond blue forums

It's good you've found your way to our community of caring, friendly, supportive and non judgmental people.

Life is sounding a little hard for you at the moment. Has something happened recently to make you feel sad?

Relationships can be difficult at times. It is interesting you say your's was traumatic. Is there anything you want to share or talk about?

There are many of us here who have had trauma in our lives so you are not alone ALil. What sort of advice where you wanting before you go to the doctor?

Kind regards


Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Alil

Welcome here : ) Post any time you need support, advice or if you're in need of someone to talk to.

I was diagnosed with PTSD 2 years ago and the best advice I can give you is to see your GP, they will be able to point you in the right direction towards getting help and also diagnose whether it is PTSD or if there's something else going on.

PTSD as with depression,anxiety and others that affect metal health, are best managed with guidance and professional advice as well as support from family or friends.

Have you told anyone that you're feeling this way?

Start with your GP first, they will give you the advice you need

I wish you all the best