FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

new person

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone
not sure what parts to disclose here, feeling very uneasy posting. I feel like a lot of people here, know that I'm socially isolated but feel it's safer this way. I have a lot of mixed feelings due to covid19; feeling freer or even happier that movements were restricted as I have had little choice but to live this way for a long time. Then I realised how odd this reaction is, opposite to what I was hearing at work. Simultaneously I felt huge grief for the world. I'm experiencing compassion fatigue from all of this.

my life has been wrought with trauma & grief, tremendous violence & loss. I desperately sought help from authorities to stop things over many decades. I have fought so hard through courts etc, I know it has cost me a lot of mental stability a lot of the time. At least my children and I are safe atm. Feeling safe is another thing entirely!

happiness eludes me. I strive for the happiness of my children. I don't know how to attain personal happiness, so have strived for contentment. I work hard physically but feel far more exhausted by my mind. flashbacks and memories often come back relentlessly in my waking hours and in my dreams. Working hard physically helps me sleep better 🙂

I used to be very sociable, quite athletic and had a large family. The abuse has taken its toll. My relationships were undermined by the abuser, so they are lost. My physical health was severely impacted by the abuse also. I have a counsellor but I was advised by a close friend who is studying psychology to seek a more intensive type of therapy. I have completed countless hours in therapy through books, online and in person over decades. My counsellor is very impressed by my persistence, resilience and recovery but I feel awful most of the time.

I have no relationships with extended family anymore which is very sad for me. I have basically given up trying since doors are constantly closed on that front.
Soon I plan to take leave from my work to support my children all struggling in their learning from home programs. I will have to take leave on far less pay, so this presents obvious issues to an already stretched financial situation.

I know there is no magic cure for all the issues I have at hand but I still have hope that things will improve and that I can feel happy one day. I pray there are answers within this forum for me.

Thanks for reading.

2,324 Replies 2,324

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

EM 

grandy, blues, and paws and many others are thinking kind thoughts for you. 
grabdy I like the crystal jar of hugs what a lovely thought. 
Blues I really have learnt from your discussions with EM and I am sure others have too. 
take care 

Thanks, Quirky, it's good to know our conversations have been helpful for you. I'm sure EM would be happy to know that, too. Kind thoughts to you and everyone,

Blue.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear EM~

Well it has been an interesting journey following you, I'm glad you came, it made life richer and your example always helped, and now I'm glad that Real Life™ has offered you what it has and will fill your time.

You do have constant friends here and if you ever feel like popping in you'd always find a welcome

Fare well

Croix

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi ecomama i just wanted to say in case u ever see this how much i cared about u and loved u and thank u for being my friend.

Sleepy21 ❤️

What a lovely thought guest. How are you  going.