FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Thinking about death.... all the time...

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all

I've been struggling for 3 weeks with suicidal thoughts

My new GP is amazing

He tells me to think of suicidal thoughts as a symptom maybe a solution

Could he be right?

Today he assigned someone to give me a call to check in on my safety. I don't think that will happen. I've not received the call.
Small things like this lead to rage, hurt and fear for me.

And so I am left to deal with the thoughts alone.

948 Replies 948

Hi Sleepy

I think being detail oriented is a positive attribute in a person, so good for you.

If indeed her inexperience is the root of the problem, you’d think an apology would be forthcoming. Feedback is how we learn and grow, and get better at our job.

Hugs, Katy

Hi Sleepy and other beautiful people.

I agree with Katy attention to detail is definitely a good and useful character trait. Maybe you would make a great editor or something.

I am sorry you had some man scream at you. When one experiences anxiety, you can get startled easily and often on edge. My sister is a bit like this. And she has been learning to breathe deeply a few times, and then focus on how her physical body feels. Take note of it. She may do something after that... She hasn't shared with me yet about it though.

Ok I understand why you would feel unsafe. Do you have any other physical safe places you can go at all? Even in you own place. A special little spot with all your favourite things, anything that is uniquely you and brings you some calmness maybe?

I am not sure what happened in regards to a man a few years ago. But I am sorry you experienced it.. No need to share what it was. ( gentle hug)

You asked about my mum, she is waiting to see a surgeon. Truly challenging to think how she must have been in pain. Hurts my heart so much. She has some pain meds to take. Tears are behind my eyes.

Golden.. I am sorry too that you have experienced being scared.

Hi Sleepy21

I believe every therapist/psychologist has the opportunity to learn from their clients. Some never learn, due to arrogance and/or a closed mind, whereas others do learn. It sounds like your psych has learned a lesson when it comes to attention to detail. The fact that she openly admitted to all her mistakes and offered reasons for them shows she has elements of being reasonable, while being inexperienced. Sounds like you've led her to look closely at all the valid reasons for your understandable upset.

I like to see psychologists, GPs etc as detectives. Their job is to listen to and record all the clues. So, if they're doing things like misspelling names, getting dates wrong, jumping to the wrong conclusions, making up stories etc, they're never going to solve anything. When you've employed them to solve or resolve issues, it can feel like a waste of your time and money. Can recall some years back seeing a GP about some seriously strange symptoms I was experiencing. I presented to him while being in the throws of what appeared to be a panic attack. He wanted to put me on anti anxiety meds but I refused, insisting he get to the bottom of things. Two of the biggest clues I gave him, 'I don't experience anxiety and I'm not stressed. This has got to be something else'. He completely ignored the clues. Went to a different doc who investigated. Turned out not to be anxiety. Got treated and all was well.

Do you feel your psych holds potential at all? Now that she's learned a valuable lesson, thanks to you, do you think she has the potential to work well with you or do you sense she's perhaps too closed minded and/or defensive? I think some people need to learn, psychologists included, what makes a 'straight talker'. I have a friend like this, who openly questions and states her opinion, holding back little. While some folk say she can be detailed oriented and outspoken, they know little about her history. With a history of domestic abuse, racism, soul destroying degradation and much more, one day she simply turned around and decided 'I'm never taking sh*t from another person ever again. I'm never letting another person put me down or bring me down. Over the years she's developed the ability to read people and situations quite easily, that attention to detail factor. If someone's stuffing her around, she'll waste no time giving it to them straight. In fact, she's someone with a big heart who works to maintain the self respect she's developed.

Wow the rising, I'm like that too... I relate to that woman u described...i had an abusive therapist, of course I'm not going to allow it again.

This woman indt my treating therapist, and I don't have much say over wrther I say her again, she wasn't that willing to admit mistakes and the damage felt huge, but she did admit when imgot brave, from comments Herr and from peer support, to sort of challenge her calling me detailed oriented and also vague..,,when it suited her, to explain why she didn't understand me. She made mistakes, fair enough I guess. I'd see her again if they put me with her but in the public system we don't choose.

Hi shelll and Katy, thanks for stopping by

I don't feel so safe in my home but I like that idea of corners, little spots that are organised

I have objects that feel safe, but at home I always feel stressed.

I think because my space isn't private, it's very easy for neighbours to see in, it is hard for me, scary

Hi all,

Yeah that would be challenging if it's not private at your place Sleepy. I don't really have any helpful advice or anything. Can you hang anything up on the windows?

I have experienced the emotion of fear in my own life. Quite sick and tired of this feeling controlling me. To me, that is what it feels like.. an ugly, scary, controlling, trapping sensation. But I think it is a liar. All it wants to do is wreak people's lives.

I can see it in your life. And in many others on BB.

Hi Sleepy21

Sounds like you may have been matched with a challenge, someone who challenges you to find your best. You definitely found your best under the circumstances, that brave part of you that you mention. It's amazing how the courageous aspect of us comes to life under intolerable conditions. Sometimes you can feel it stirring. Whether it's fueled by pure fearlessness or by anger, such feelings can be fuel for productivity.

I can't help but wonder whether you're someone who naturally wonders out loud, at people. What I mean is...a lot of people can keep their wonder to themself. For example, someone could treat them horribly and they may sadly wonder to themself 'Why does that person treat me so horribly? Why am I so worthless?'. Someone who wonders out loud may say to that person 'I have to know why you can't help but behave like such an a-hole toward me. Why is it so hard for you to see my true value?'. By the way, perfectly valid questions. I've found, usually when we wonder at people it'll go one of 2 ways. Either they'll become more conscious and offer an answer that makes sense or they'll shut down that line of questioning with stuff like 'I don't know' or 'Why do you have to be so challenging, so difficult?'.

Beyond all that, the truth remains - we may simply have the ability to spot what is highly questionable. We began life with this incredible or super natural ability before it was conditioned out of us to the degree it was. I believe regaining this natural ability takes courage and a bit of censorship at times.

Hi the rising.

I don't think I am like that and struggled with feeling defined or boxed in.

I wander aloud sometimes, but mostly I'm too scared to tell people what I think.

Thanks for your comments.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

Im feeling pretty low

I like my therapist I am seeing and we discussed the report, which he has seen.

I wander if he can help me,

Or where my personal power is.

I do have so much fear Shelll

I have felt that way all my life , like a pit in my stomach

I am afraid of every thing...

Mr Dr is nice

My gp is great

My hopsital team is weird...

My case manager every time I speak to her makes promises she doesn't keep.