FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Surviving: Being in a better place

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all 🙂
Thought this thread might be of use to talk about your stories if you like and where you're at now.
In a better place.

I have Bipolar, (BP) pretty sure all my life. Wasn't diagnosed, I approached them thinking I have this at age 46.
The ups (mania) are magic, ying and yang (opposites) evident with BP & in many other ways.
The downs, crippling. Still ..but I'm DETERMINED to beat them with time & effort and professional help.One of the psychiatrists said it can't be beaten, I say cause it maybe hasn't been done, doesn't mean it can't be.
Have come an incredibly long way so far.
Long way to go probs but HAS to be sooner rather than later, else this mother of a demon will get me, I live in fear of going under the line again which majority of the time the head goes South but looking back at those times knowing I got through & that it's not always like that helps.
SO many good times, happy times between.

The cycles have gone from Rapid cycling (4 or more a yr) to 8/10 a yr since the loss of my beloved partner of 28yrs to leukaemia.

My teens starting at 14yrs I attempted suicide 4 times.
You're in hell considering, contemplating & ultimately attempting suicide, we're going against our strongest basic instinct. Survival.

Wanted OUT, couldn't see anything but Black in my head, no light, no way out, no other choice, the depression beast had me engulfed as it does most of the time in cycles now too.
Rock bottom. The pits.

I've learnt a lot one thing is it doesn't stay this way.
Sleep's vital. We don't get a lot or quality when down, it affects how we feel usually in a negative way.
Life's so much harder when we're tired and exhausted, we see feel & react to things differently
That part of our brain that works at pulling us down, I think with everyone, not only mental illness or disorders

Self esteem rock bottom, still working at it, it's true we have to like/love ourselves works as a shield.
Great loving good parents lucky

If I'd known in suicide yrs I'd meet a beautiful loving partner and have so much love from family, friends and happiness between the downs, I wouldn't have attempted.

BP downs equate to heavy grieving alone without it on top.It slammed but now I'm looking back and Yes still hurts, always will but we owe it to ourselves to keep going. We don't know whats ahead and nothing stays the same.

I know that now.

4,867 Replies 4,867

Now, I found you, too, DB! 😹

I'm Following you all... so you might also Follow me, we can find each other in our respective Profiles, by clicking the name which has a link, like mine does next to my badge.

I hope you & Grandy are getting together real soon.

I think this might be the quickest way for me. We'll see. It means I will have to Follow lots of people or their threads.

Warmest,💖💖💖

mmMekitty

Hello Deebi, wave to all,

I think most of us are struggling with this new format & it seems there are lots of teething problems for the folk at BB to work through... 

It's something of a magical mystery tour... cue Beatles music 🎶🎶

Sending you big 🐻 hugs

Paws

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Beautiful Deebi 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩, mmMeKitty,Paws and everyone...🤗..

Sorry your in a mh cycle....I do hope your okay...I have been missing you so much...had lots of  tears 😢 thinking that we might loose each other somehow...when I saw your post a big sigh of relief passed through me....Amazing isn’t it, how very close people can get towards each other and how deeply we hold them in our hearts and soul,  through just texting..

Remember, that these episodes, do pass...hard sometimes to belief those words..but they are so very true...

In time we will all work out the new BB’s forums...I am finding it harder to be comfortable and confident with myself in posting ....Idk Deebi....the old forums felt more personal and warmer in a way like a second home to me.....I’m hoping in time (a short time)...that we all can adjust and feel “at home” here as well....in the new set up...

I am sure that the lovely people at BB, are doing an amazing job with keeping up with all the glitches.....Yes, dearest Deebi “we get there”..

Big love, 24/7 caring thoughts and a huge hug...my dearest bbff..💙🦋🧸🤗🦄🐝🐝..

Hugs, with my care and love to everyone. 🤗🌹💜.

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩Grandy.🕊🌱🌿🌳

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Deebi

Found your thread so I'll tag it! 🙂🐾

Hanna3
Community Member

Glad to see you Grandy, do tag my thread too in long term support 🙂🐩💖🐕

Hi Paws, I like the new profile pic!

These forums feel strange because I can't see the whole thing somehow like I could before.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sigh - managed to lose my post so will try again -the abbreviated version

Dear DB and All~

I've found and now "followed" this thread so will see what you say

It's been  little while and I'm wondering how you are getting on

The good news is no penguins here!

Croix

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello to zDB and everyone. Finding it hard to find new post but I keep trying. Grandy i sm8n the same boat and we will get there slowly. 
It is good to see familiar names again. 

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Yay we're starting to get some communication happening thanks Hannah Kitty Croixy oh no don't fret Croixy man ...here's your favourite Penguin 🐧 ...I could hear your distress even though u put on a good cool 😎 demeanour I knew to read between the lines ...see I'm good like that 😂

And my dear darling Grandy 👩‍❤️‍👩💜🤗 SO good to finally be making contact. I understand the tears I was working hard not allowing a separation anxiety to take hold which was happening and seriously that goes for all my beautiful friends here. 

Few things going on atm mostly good and working through a mh dose with some nasty mood drops but pulling out wow hard yakka but great to be starting to get a grip on it. Still have the other side to get through but working on keeping positive memories active hopefully to ease the transition back to "normal" 

Just about to post in "new forum tips " In case anyone hasnt seen that yet I'll say what helps here too. I subscribed to email notifications from settings ...tap your avatar profile pic up top to get to that then at least I can see replies to whichever thread I've posted on. Big relief. Assuming following that member helps too. 

Eventually I'll gather several issues I'm having as well as not getting to the last post and pop it on new forums. 

Warmth care and love to you beautifuls. 

Oh could someone please tell me Elizabeths thread title and Monkey magics too. Brain fog 🙃

Grandy always we're sss joined by our unbreakable 💫. Yes sweety we'll get there so will you bb you poor people what a disapointment this must be. Always support and gratitude to you all 💗

👩‍❤️‍👩💜🐺🐕🐧🐒

Thank you ☺💗

Hello DB, (& here's a🦩for your lawn)😸

I'm not sure which Discussion/thread you were talking with Elizabeth CP, but if you enter her name into the search thingy, you can find her. I ignored the suggestions, then looked at what results came up. The titles of Discussions ar big & bold, & are followed by some info. I saw her name there, as a link, too, so I clicked her name & found her profile page, where a list of Discussions/threads she had started is, so I hope that you could recognise the one you are looking for there.

Hope that helps,

💖💖💖

mmMekitty

😸Hello Quirky, Croix, Hanna, Grandy, Paws & all!