FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Should I just suck this up?

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK, this isn't easy for me to write bcas I respect police also but this is my situation.

I aparantly unlawfully entered a friends property, that's right a friends property. He wasn't home and I wasn't believed. Anyhow I was put in a mental institution. I preferred the hospital choice over the police station choice thinking I'll be in there for a couple weeks.

3 months later I came out overmedicated feeling like shite...misdiagnosed with a mental illness as a " safety net" seriously!!!!

3 months of my life where I couldn't work, and live my normal life. Inclosed in a small space, going crazy.

Should I just " suck this up". ?

2,270 Replies 2,270

Take care our beautiful Monkey Magic! 

I'll be praying real hard for your successful surgery and incredible recovery. 

Thinking of you
Love EMxxxx

Ecomama that means a lot, I am grateful for your touching post. Geez, it's a lot to think about and I'm apprehensive but there's little I can do but go through with it, if it's going to potentially save my life. 

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear MM~

If my calendar does not tell be a fib you are about to go into hospital so I popped in to wish you all the best (and tell you not to forget your phone charger:)

Warm wishes

Croix

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear MM

WE LOVE YOU SOOOOOoooooooo SO MUCH! 

Your fans will be waiting for your safe return. 

MANY Blessings. 
MANY Prayers! 

Love you
EMxxxx

Thinking of you, Monkey/ Hoping for a successful surgery & a very good recovery. 

Don't be concerned if you don't feel up to updating us here. Let us worry in stead! You just focus on your recovery.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️big hug!

mmMekitty

Well, I went in, they put in the cannula, wheeled me in to get my MRI which they cancelled, then they said there weren't enough beds so I have to come in next week for the surgery. I am so annoyed.

Oh dear, Monkey, that would have me feeling angry indeed, given what the neurosurgeon told you about your condition.Indeed, I am astounded nobody had sat you down & explained what having this cyst might mean for you much earlier than when you spoke to the neurosurgeon.

Even so, I suppose the best thing now is to practice any & every relaxation exercise you know, while waiting until next week. What does that mean for you? Lots of music? Walks outdoors, & lunches in a park, if the weather is kind enough? Furry friends to hang around with - I really recommend that. It's so amazing, when I noticed, how simply being with those puppies my helper had, made me feel so calm i& happy nside. Or as a distraction, you might bingewatch some tv series? Sure, express your annoyance in some way, but then give yourself some extra tld (tender loveing care). Do your best to eat well, sleep well, all the good stuff, eh?

Did you have someone with you when you went int to the hospital, to support you as much as they were allowed? I had my helper with me, but she couldn't come into the room where I was scanned.  But she was right outside, ready to go where we needed to go next. I felt very reassured by having her present.

Warmest virtual hugs,

mmMekitty

Dear Monkey, if you're only "annoyed" you're doing well! 

Darned shame you went through all that only to be told to go home without treatment. 

What a right royal PAIN. 

Next week huh? 
Okay, Prayers are ongoing! 

Love EMxxxx

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear MM~

Let me say ARRRGGGHHH! for you:)

Do you know which day next week?

Croix

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Croix, 

AAAAARRRRGGGG alright! It's next Thursday when there's supposed to be a nurses strike so will I be sent home again? I dunno.