FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don't talk about my anxiety with my offline friends

Photography_lover
Community Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Jess and I'm 23 years old. I love doing photography as its a passion of mine, love animals, love walking/doing exercise, cooking and being with family and friends.

I have been with this pesky mental illness, anxiety, since late 2014. I recently came onto the internet looking for forums and found this website. I got sucked into reading the anxiety forum a few days ago and I thought it was about time I made an appearance as we're not alone in this world.

I'd love to chat to those who are experiencing some sort of anxiety and hope to make new friends as I don't talk about my anxiety with my real friends.

Hope to chat soon, Jess 🙂

109 Replies 109

Hi Jess

Thanks for posting on the Beyond Blue forums

Ive had anxiety for a long time now and its a pain....I hear you there....especially in its early stages...

Just thought Id say hello. I just treated myself and bought a Nikon P900 that takes great pics of anything including close ups of the moon...seriously.

Its a bridge camera so I dont need to spend $23,000 on the most powerful Nikon zoom lense.

The good news is that the severity of the anxiety symptoms do decrease over time with ongoing counseling or even regular visits to a GP for a 'fine tune'

The earlier the anxiety is treated the less problematic is will be 🙂

Great to have you as part of the Beyond Blue forum family Jess

My kindest thoughts

Paul

They are so gorgeous 🙂 Birds can be very noisy! But hey, any animal can mean the world to someone.

Yeah pretty good, a lot calmer than I am normally and focusing on one day at a time. Thanks for asking. How about you?

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the lovely welcome.

Ooh, a new toy! I love hearing when people have bought new things, especially photography related stuff; I get a buzz out of it. Glad to hear you're enjoying your new camera! My first (real) digital camera was a Nikon P500 so a few down from yours. It lasted me a good 5 years and still works a charm.. but since upgrading, it's collecting dust.

Whats a bridge camera? I've gotten as far as a Diploma in Photoimaging and have never heard that before.. always learning!

My symptoms have decreased in the last week due to my simple action.. it's unreal. But yes, I am seeing a physiologist later this month. Being on here in the mean time is definitely helping 🙂

It's great to be apart of this wonderful family Paul 🙂

im glad your doing ok and that your calmer too. thats really good news

i ahvent bene to well myself, ive hit a massive slump unfortuantley

Hi PL

Thankyou for the superkind comment about our family and the benefit you find by being a part of it 🙂

A bridge camera is a camera type that is between a simple point and shoot camera and an SLR 🙂

Im still learning too PL...all the time....Good on you for making the booking too...I still have my psychologist every 4 months and see my GP every 4 weeks for a 'fine tune'. Works very well

My kind thoughts for you

Paul

Hi Jess, I'm so glad that you find the BB family helpful....it's great to see you being part of the family.

Hugs from Sola

Whats going on? We're all here for you

Hi Paul,

Ohh I see now 🙂 I think I may have heard that term before, not sure though. The P900 would still be a compact camera? My P500 was and it worked a treat (just asking as they're very similar)

Wow, sounds like you've come a long way if you're seeing your psychologist every 4 months? Would love to get that far some day. I'm doing okay without one but it's nice to talk to someone who isn't going to judge and kind of knows what you're going through.

Have a nice day,

Jess 🙂

HI PL

thanks for asking how i am. im jsut dealing wiht alot of my past trauma, family troubles, anxiety, depression, sh and SI again

Hi startingnew,

I'm sorry to hear you're not travelling too well.. keep doing the things you love, spend time with those who make you laugh, hang around your gorgeous horses and just take it one day at a time. I hope that helps 🙂