FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don't talk about my anxiety with my offline friends

Photography_lover
Community Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Jess and I'm 23 years old. I love doing photography as its a passion of mine, love animals, love walking/doing exercise, cooking and being with family and friends.

I have been with this pesky mental illness, anxiety, since late 2014. I recently came onto the internet looking for forums and found this website. I got sucked into reading the anxiety forum a few days ago and I thought it was about time I made an appearance as we're not alone in this world.

I'd love to chat to those who are experiencing some sort of anxiety and hope to make new friends as I don't talk about my anxiety with my real friends.

Hope to chat soon, Jess 🙂

109 Replies 109

You're right about the uncertainty and the anxiety it brings. But as the days go by I find it easier and the anxiety rarely appears.. In one way he is bad for me and in another he's a great friend who I completely trust.. I'm just staying away from him and social media at the moment as it brings the anxiety back. Spending less time away from my phone and just enjoying feeling peaceful and content with other things I love.

I have been every few weeks or so. Can't always catch up but have been talking to a friend every night or so just so I have someone talk to instead of him. I'm so used to talking to someone at night so it just makes me content that I have someone there while watching something etc.

Sounds like your a lot more self aware then when you first come here which was lovely.
Sounds like a good idea about technology and doing the things that you love.
Have you had much luck with your bussiness but I think you said it was still really early days too?
Thats ok, its good to have people to talk to, and to catch up with so hopefully youll be able to catch up with a friend or 2 soon

what are some of the other things you love and have been doing?

Thats nice of you to say, so thank you.

I've had some luck, done a couple of pet shoots and a few shoots for my local dog & cat rescues. Definitely still in the early days, kind of stuck at the moment because I haven't had a shoot in over a month.. hoping something will come up soon. Just have to keep posting to Instagram and such.

Yesterday I caught up with a friend and had lunch and then after work last night I went out for the first time (after 10pm) with work colleagues. Wanted to experience it and now I have. Would do it again but not for a while because no one is a fan of going to sleep at 2am..

As I mentioned when I first signed up here, I love walking and keeping fit. Been doing that a few times a week and been in the kitchen today making hedgehog slice.. I have a feeling it won't last long.. But I love baking so I try to keep it up.

How have you been?

Hey sorry for the delay im struggling quite abit myself.

congrats on the jobs touve had and hopefully youll get some more too. Im glad you went out with friends and just experiencing life.

I walk everyday too and love baking. Hmm not sure what hedgehog slice is though. What other sorts of things do tou like to bake. Im abit of a desert or sweet baker. What about you?

Thats okay, you can share whats going on if you like?

Hedgehog slice is basically crushed up sweet plain biscuits mixed with condensed milk, coconut and cocoa powder. And a layer of milk chocolate for the icing. Delicious stuff.

I am definitely the same as you. Love baking sweet stuff as I believe it brings the most smiles and joy to those who eat it. But not good for the waist line..

stuff at home and online is all. hopefully it all sort out soon enough.

oh yum, i make that but in choclate balls and instead of coating them in chocolate i roll then in coconut. sweet baking is my fave too i like blueberry muffins too. but no not good for the waistline but i bake then give it away so it doesnt affect me lol

Fingers crossed for you.

Yep, thats exactly what it is, rum balls but in slice form. Delicious. Blueberry muffins are nice too, I make more cookies than anything. Cant go wrong with the humble choc chip. Good idea on giving them away.. I should start doing that because within days, what I make is gone.. How are your animals? You said you have horses?

Ah yep gotcha. Theres nothing wrong with choc chip cookies. Not at all! They are a favourite when i make them too and are often the first to go. No complaining here lol.

Yep i have horses. All of them are good. Grass is getting relaly dry though so hoping the rain comes back soon! I brought my sister a horse a few weeks ago however is back up for sale. It was suppose to be broken in but isnt. Mum said i should break it in eap with the experince i have but i said no she needs a horse to ride now not in 6 months time so time to move him on. Maybe later in the yr i might buy a project pony and break it in. Havent done it aince i was about 12 but not something you really forget just build on

Do you have pets? How are they?

Good to hear that your horses are well! Unfortunate to hear about the horse you bought for your sister.. I'm sure there are plenty more nice ones out there. That project sounds good, it'll challenge you and keep you busy.

I have two dogs and they're doing pretty good. One has had a sore foot for over a month now, and he's usually pretty active but now it's put him back and he knows he can't do much. So we're getting that looked at next week. Otherwise they're pretty good, just keeping them happy and comfortable as they're not so young anymore.

hey sorry for the late reply

yeh all the horses are well and very fat atm! i got asked if my pony which is a gelding ( a male but cant reproduce) was pregnant! theres plenty of nice ones but have to sell this one first and most are above our price range atm so have to keep saving, the work ive been doing with the other horse of my sisters though she might not even need another horse if i can keep up the work and treatment. a project horse for me would be good but ive got one of those already too and it takes alot of time as well as trying to uphold 2 jobs and bay sitiing, trying to self care, attend appts, and just breathe. id rather study than take on another porject horse tbh. im getting too many injuries with horse and already have to be careful with a previous neck and back injury so not sure i could handle it.

aww your dogs sound cute, maybe its abit of arthritis in his foot now, considering their age?