FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Announcement Icon
You can win one of three $200 gift cards. Complete our survey by 5pm, 30 June 2024 AEST to enter the draw. Your response will be anonymous so you can't be identified.

I don't talk about my anxiety with my offline friends

Photography_lover
Community Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Jess and I'm 23 years old. I love doing photography as its a passion of mine, love animals, love walking/doing exercise, cooking and being with family and friends.

I have been with this pesky mental illness, anxiety, since late 2014. I recently came onto the internet looking for forums and found this website. I got sucked into reading the anxiety forum a few days ago and I thought it was about time I made an appearance as we're not alone in this world.

I'd love to chat to those who are experiencing some sort of anxiety and hope to make new friends as I don't talk about my anxiety with my real friends.

Hope to chat soon, Jess 🙂

109 Replies 109

hey PL

how are you going? hows the course going?

startingnew
Community Member

HI PL

how are you going?

what have you been getting up to?

Hi SN,

So sorry for the late reply.. I have improved and life obviously got in the way. Things are really good, I completed the course and have my photography business in the making. Only in the marketing stages at the moment but still doing alright. Still working casually (Christmas time was crazy busy). How are you?

thats some really awesome news! well done! i knew you could do it. i really wish you the best in your business and hopefully life kepes getting better for you!

Thank you! Very much appreciate it 🙂

I thought I'd venture on here as I'm wanting to talk to someone new.. Somewhere where I can vent and say whatever without being judged

if your after social chats then theres the under 25s cafe or the bb cafe

if you want to vent then you can do so on this thread, im happy to listen to whatever you need/want to say

Just had a quick look at both and talking to several people at the same time isn't really my thing.. I'll just stick to you. How have you been?

thats quite alright, it can get overwhelming so no pressure at all. im here if you want to rant or rave about anyhting on your mind. is there something on your mind thats bothering you in particular?

its been a really tough time for me however things im hoping are starting to look up. ive been learning and changing and incorporating new things into my life and into my recovery. its not easy but i dont think life suppose to be easy eh.

There is something which I have already made some actions on..

When I first came on back in September of last year I mentioned that I was still talking to my ex and that we were close. Well we still are, but he's been distant from me the past week or so because he's trying to change himself for the better which I fully support but at the same time I find it hard because I'm so used to having him all to myself. Nobody likes changes and I'm slowly accepting this one. So I'm trying to keep myself busy by doing what I love and being around those who make me smile but that can't happen every day which can be hard. My anxiety has also returned for when we talk.. I have no idea why but it only happens when I talk to him and nobody else. After each conversation my brain goes in over drive and my heart races before bed.. So we've taken some space and only talking every so often. As the days go by, not talking to him gets easier and I don't have my heart racing before bed (I was over it). That way I can focus on myself while he does his thing. We still catch up in person, and I think that is when we shall save the best times. Messenger doesn't cut it anymore.. and I can't drive down the road to see him as he lives 4 hours away. You know how it is.. it's always better face to face. So yeah thats my current problem.. it'll get better I know.

Sorry to hear about your tough times.. Good to hear you've been learning and changing things, only good can come out of it. It'll take time but it'll be worth the journey 🙂

it sounds like youve had to make some tough decisions but sounds like its paying off for the both of you. im sure things will improve for you but itll take time. a friendship/relationship like you had doesnt take overnight to over come. make sure you take care of yourself more than usual ok.

the anxiety you feel talking to him could be becasue your unsure of what the next move will be, and readjusting from seeing each other every day and talking etc to really not speaking much can be quite challanging.

have you still been seeing your friends?