FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Chronic suicidality

Idontevenknow
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I have had chronically suicidal for over two years. It has led to a few attempts and hospitalisations. I'm currently receiving treatment/therapy but it's a long process. Its kind of getting tough because unfortunately you can't just pause life. I'm under a lot of stress from school (zillions of grade 12 assessments), my anxiety has skyrocketed and I'm trying to continue functioning as a normal human being despite being very depressed. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep going in those times between treatment and living a relatively normal life or just with dealing with chronic suicidality in general?

Thanks heaps

311 Replies 311

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Hannah~

I rather suspect you are able to feel pride at being on your own, ans pride can be a very good thing, it's kept me going at times. I hpe it does hte same for you.

Looking at the date I guess you my have your results by now, my flipper are Xed you did OK. Then comes the hard part, to decide on what next.

Yes, that's one of the many downsides of on-line learning, you miss out on university life. Although being with large groups can be intimidating at first they do sort out quickly into bunches of known faces. Did you have any particular clubs you might like?

As for my course, it was about the different things in life that can cause a person distress. Not a happy subject I'd agree. but I hope it gives me a little more understanding of others.

I think you help others more than just 'the slightest'. Anyone reading your thread will have been given heart.

Croix

Dear Croix and Sarah,

It's been nearly 3 years since I last spoke on here and it's been a crazy 3 years, I'm not too sure where to start.

I'm happy 🙂 I have my good and bad days but much more scarcely have thoughts, let alone urges, to end my life. I live in a wonderful house with two of my best friends, I bought a car, I've managed to stay employed for nearly 18 months, I have a great relationship with my family, I've met the love of my life, and I'm doing really well. I'm still at uni as I've had to do a lot part time to manage alongside my mental health but I'm nearly done and hope to work in health policy. I'm currently doing my dream internship working at an organisation using lived experience voices to help change the mental health system. I now have over 20 thousand followers on TikTok with which I share my story and hope with them to even make one less person feel alone with their struggles. With my mental health, I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia. It's been a hard new battle to deal with but with my meds and therapy I'm doing okay. I'm now in remission from BPD and anorexia, something I thought was impossible. I still struggle with depression and anxiety but I'm managing a lot better. 

I don't think any thank you will be big enough to the both of you for supporting me through probably the toughest part of my life. I have been looking back on these messages and the amount of support and guidance you gave a stranger on the internet is amazing. I will forever be so incredibly grateful to you, I can't thank you enough. I hope you are both doing well too.

Thank you,

Hannah