FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Alone..Depressed..Sad..

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi..I'm new here..just need to put my feeling down..no one to talk to makes depression and anxiety so hard...the last 4 days I have either been in bed crying or on the lounge crying..I can't seem to get out of this...I am becoming a prisioner in my own home as its getting progressively difficult to go out.. I have to go out Tuesdays so I do everthing on that day but it's like I'm holding my breathe all day until I get back to the safety of my home then I can let go and that starts the cycle again of spending the next 6 days at home either in bed or on the lounge sad and depressed...I really feel like just giving up.. My husband passed away 4 years on This coming Thursday. My children live 6 hours drive away and have small children so I don't see them that much.Bad mum and grandmum I am on there last visit i was pleased to see them but I just wanted them to go home. I feel so aweful and numb atm..
5,647 Replies 5,647

Dearest Grandy,

You were not and you are not pathetic. There are always going to be times in our lives when one way or another we get caught up in a vicious cycle that seems to have no end and no beginning. We are like these hamsters forever running on the wheel. We can't change the past. It's that easy and yet sometimes, that difficult to deal with. But we can try to change our present and hopefully our future. The most important thing is: you have managed to break this spinning wheel. YOU did it. I can't even imagine the amount of strength this must have cost you. But this strength is within you. And you are the walking proof. 
In addition, people's past sometimes makes them sour, distrustful, and not exactly nice to others. 
You, on the other hand, are one of the nicest people here on the forum. Your kindness, warm and gentle words are incredible assistance to others. You are a valuable member of this community contributing heaps and more. 
Sending lots of love your way. 

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Grandy,

You are not your late husband.

You are not what he thought & said you were. He was wrong. He took you & shook you about until you could barely tell wchich way was up, & fed you lies & bullshit.

Definitely you were not pathetic, dumb or stupid - you were terrified & trying to keep yourself safe as you could under the circumstances. I think, how frightening to lie to him, if only to sit outside, alone for a while.

You had a child you needed to care for, & (it pains me so much) being pregnant at the time.

You have survived so much, & were then, & now, a far better person than he might ever have hoped to be. 

I only had that threat to force me to do that, once, & for me, it went no further. Just the thought of it, I could not contemplate.

Grandy, I hope you are putting in some extra time caring for yourself, treating yourself in the kindest & most nurturing ways you can. All the generosity & good will you show to others - I think you could use some of that now. Show yourself the same compassion you have shown to others close to you. Indeed, treat yourself better than you treat others. You've a right to be kind to yourself, to be yourself, wonderful as you are.

You've come such a long way from those days.

Want some big gentle hugzies? I have some to offer.

mmMekitty

PS, I'm with Learn To Fly. I'd want to report this that fellow buying clothes for 'his girls', not wanting to leave it be, with the possibility he's coercing or worse, the 'girls'. If he's buying small women's clothes, that would worry me more.

Grandy, you have our love, support, understanding and we are listening. 

We hear you. We're with you now. 

We are supporting you NOW as you process these most awful memories. We love you!

We are supporting the beautiful young Grandy who was trapped in horrific situations with no escape. We are reaching back in time and extending the purest of love and gratitude for HER because she survived against all odds and she grew up to be here with us. 

I'm so grateful to her for surviving. 

This creepy man can be reported anonymously via Crimestoppers. I know reporting is immensely difficult, even feeling impossible.... if you choose to report and need support to do so, you can do what I did and seek someone from a Church to sit with you while you phone up. 
Essentially it isn't your responsibility to report, you are not a mandatory reporter. 
But if you need to report, this is one way to consider... and as traumatic as reporting can be, it can also be a relief and empower you over time. 

Deep forgiveness is required for the younger Grandy. Only you know what she went through. 
I Pray that by sharing this part of your story will relieve you of the negatively charged emotions attached to this time. Then see it how it was. Inescapable. 

Thankyou for being so eternally courageous Grandy. You're a role model to all women. 
Hugs our dear Grandy. 
EMxxxxx

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Grandy, my depest apologies if I have upset yo. Sometimes I don't know how to express how deeply I feel for someone, especially when I think how it could so easily have been me, where you have been.

We can feel so awful about ourselves in such a situation, carrying such feelings as if they are really ours to carry. I question that assumption so much now. I remind myself, & I hope you, too, we don't have to own & carry the feelings someone else had put upon us. We can look up, stand up, & let them flide right off of us. I know, takes practice to get the knack of it, but it can be done. Those things he said & did are not your crap, they are his, & his alone.

With as many hugzies as you'd like.

mmMekitty

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Grandy 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 

Beautiful friend I’ve been listening sweety. 

Just popping in to give you my eternal deepest love and always thoughts esp lately hun. 

What lovely support 🌸

Know Grandy I’m always with you in spirit if not talking here. 

See you tomoz or next day. Really hope your pains easing. 

Always love beautiful lady. Tell IT directions where to go precious it’s surprising how that can bring on the goods to pull up a bit.

Really hope you’re ok 🤗🌈🐝🦋👀🦆

Paw Prints
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Grandy,

A gentle hug from me lass....

Paws

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Paws, Hanna, ecomama, Hanna, Learn to Fly, Deebi👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩…..and everyone…..🤗..

Thank you all for your caring and beautiful posts…

I am really sorry I haven’t been in to post…I am not ignoring your beautiful caring selves….It’s too hard to talk about because so many sad things happening around then with so many different things intertwined into it…My 2nd son is one..I have asked myself thousands of time…if I did his bid….would I have raised 3 children instead of 2….was deceiving me about paperwork a way to get back at me….I wish so much none of my life ever happened…

How can someone who has been gone for 9 years…still gain control over my life at times…..I try hard and mostly succeed in living each day in the here and now….Then a few words from a complete stranger takes me down in seconds, torments and plays with my mind and emotions for days and weeks….

I haven’t been back to work since that happened…..I don’t think I’m ready to face going back into work this coming week either….each day is starting to get better…my mind can think of other things without unconsciously wandering backwards all the time…giving me some peace….

That’s all I can manage here today….I just really wanted to tell you I’m so grateful for you all…and how lucky I am to have such amazing supportive friends here on the forums….

Sending you all my love, gratitude, care and hugs….💗🙏🦋🤗🤗….

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩Grandy..

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have my gentlest & warmest hugzies for you, Grandy.

Do you want or need to talk to someone? BB's own counselling service is there for you, too. Just phone: 1300 224 636.

❤️

mmMekitty

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Our dear Grandy 👩‍❤️‍👩Hi everyone

Ahh darlin 🤗 what terrible stinking memories have been sparked and the pain of hearing what that horrid mans up to as well. 

Sweetyheart apart from being so sorry that you've had such a cow of a life starting from so young I saw quite a few positives that honestly I'm so impressed. That would have been SO damned hard but you didn't do what he wanted. Power to you girl! I know you copped it hard as a result but the power was yours. Good job!

You had your own mind and stuck to your guns. How dare him! I'll refrain saying too much more  for your sake, but know it's bubbling underneath.

You saying you're pathetic, I don't think that at all, truth lovey. That's what he wanted you to believe. Looking in from an outside view is cheering you that you kept your integrity.

I say you're an incredibly brave person my precious. That took a lot of spine to go against him. 

The sad thing is as you said and true how he can still have such an affect on you so long after. Ptsd's cruel and very hard work to say the least. 
I've been hearing a bit lately about us not being able to change the past live for now because we don't know the future. As the saying goes but what we can do is work toward shaping our future in how we think and feel about what we feel if there's any sense in that. 

Other peoples major problems became yours yet as I've always said you've come through remaining such a beautiful lovable caring soul. I maintain, the strength you hold within is more powerful than all of them put together. 

You're an amazing lady and such an inspiration to so many I'm sure. 
I'm so proud and honored to have you as my besty best friend Grandy. 

So good to hear you're starting to pull through darlin. It's incredibly hard isn't it but worth the effort to fulfill our hope and belief there has to be a way to live in a better easier mental space than we do eh 

So much love Grandy darling. Keep going sweety, you got this!
Always your besty darlin, really felt bad not being here for you but was listening and thinking. Deep care always 
👩‍❤️‍👩🗯🤗

Dearest Grandy,
My thinking is that if you are emotionally involved with a person - whether it's your partner, a child, a member of your family etc, a lot of time can go by and nothing will happen but one day when it does, it might feel like all these years didn't even happen. As if you are starting the whole thing again a day or a week later, and not years later. This works great for meeting our loved ones that we have had great times with, but unfortunately works in a similar way with those who hurt us. I don't know if this is going to help you, just giving an idea: how would you feel about trying to remember what did you learn during these 9 years? About yourself, your strengths, your values, who and what's really important in your life, people and things that enrich your life and make you happy and bring a smile to your face. Just changing focus of your thoughts to start with and trying to regain emotional control. 
Love xx
ltf