FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The loss of companionship

Sunflower23
Community Member

I’m grieving the loss of companionship, after my long term relationship ended. I miss having someone to talk to about daily life things and having that someone in your corner, who wants to support you, be there for you and love you unconditionally. 

3 Replies 3

odaat
Community Member

Hi Sunflower,

Thats great you are bringing the emotions to light. 
I once experienced something similar. The person was very dear to me and together we had moments of fun, sadness and bliss. 
When we had to separate the days just stopped being nicer. I lost faith that things will ever get better. I lost all the energy even to be slightly functional to take care of my health or work. It was really difficult to sleep and I hated the morning where I had nothing to look forward. People would tell me that it would get better but I didn’t have any ability to believe or even comprehend it. 

Today, 5 years Later I don’t feel that pain. I stopped feeling hopeless even after 3rd year. It was extremely gradual but I finally got recovered from the loss. 
I now know happiness which is very different from what I used to experience. I feel self-worth rather than self-pity and I am using my time effectively to bring happiness and joy in others and myself. 

I shared the above experience in a hope that you might get something out of it. Even though you won’t be able to believe that things could ever get better , it does. 

Time is the real healer. If possible rely on a support group and stay close to the people who you would give some considerations.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I really appreciate it. I can relate to a lot of what you are saying and it gives me hope, that time will help me to heal. 

Peaceful Mayhem
Community Member

I dont have any answers or sound advice for you. I am currently experiencing the exact same thing.

I just want you to know that you are not alone ♡